**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Voicemail

I just signed up for voicemail. Not sure how to activate it. Followed the steps in the Samsung manual and when it rings the voicemail number ie FreedomPop number the phone hangs up. When I just go to voicemail tabs to check voicemail it says Error - 9.

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a separate FreedomPop Voicemail app which allows you to check voicemail.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clayton King
    Has this been since you started using you voice mail...Or did it just start happening. I had another post just like this--same phone, and we had to ask for the admin assistance..

let me know

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Clayton KingClayton King FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I cannot use voicemail because I can't set up the phone. I paid for the service this morning and it shows on my phone that I have the service. But when I hit the check voicemail tab it says Error-9. In the Samsung manual it says to click the appropriate icon which then dials the 566856 5343 FreedomPop number which is then supposed to verbally give me the instructions on how to activate the service, leave outgoing message, etc... But when the number rings the first ring it hangs up.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clayton King
    You have me there>>>I have never used Voice mail with these guys-Sorry

I do know that I have the freedompop app for it? is that the app you are trying to use?....You should only need to--log onto you freedompop messaging app....than maybe log into you freedompop voicemail app.....check in you all apps section for it...
    you can't use Samsung instructions....your using a VOIP app for voice and text service....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I have done all that. All I get is an "Error-9" response. Is there any way to contact a live human being at FreedomPop? Surely they must have some sort of live tech support if they intend to stay in business.
    The voicemail notice actually says "Network Error - 9" when I try to access voicemail.
    (888) 915-2647

(888) 743-8107--------------(888) 906-3184

(855) 703-5785--------------(888) 673-8518

(888) 731-1555--------------(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT.

Just curious..when you click the freedompop voice-mail app...you get a network error-9?...That is strange? what happens when you open the freedompop messaging app? same thing?

You should need to use the native dialer to activate your voicemail...all you needed was to log on and open your app...Its just a application?

above is the numbers. to customer service,,,,and I am sure they will direct you to a live person..

Good luck

Text messages work fine. But without voicemail I cannot get ones sent when the phone is off. Messaging app works fine. I'll try the phone number tomorrow but I am not optimistic that I will get a live person. We' ll see. Thanks for all of your help.
    Also.....I have no idea of what a "native dialer" is.
    @Clayton King
    Native dialer...is using the phone's dialer, instead of the freedompop messaging app..

Well I tried dialing the 566...number on the keyboard and it rings and still hangs up after the first ring. The Error 9 message in the voicemail app also says "Please check your network connections and try again."
  • palpal FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I have the exact same error in the FreedomPop (Visual) Voicemail app. It used to work fine, but now I have the error, so I don't have voicemail. Another phone with an earlier version of FreedomPop Free Voice and Text works fine.
  • artiepopartiepop FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    What in the world... How hard is it to reach my voicemail with freedom pop? Do I really have to install an app to get my voicemail? Most services allow you to dial your own number or a certain number to get your messages. I would say this needs to be more convenient and improved.