How to setup Hotspot

Rodney CrossRodney Cross Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I activated the $3.99 hotspot service on my IPhone 5.
Here is where I am stuck. I did ##update# and the personal hotspot showed up in the settings.
The spinning circle goes on for 5 or ten minutes, which then takes me to the "setup personal hotspot".
I touch on this option and a popup shows telling call sprint, visit website or cancel. Any Ideas on how to get the hotspot to work?

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rodney Cross

@ali just mentioned in another post he has Hotspot working on his...I just sent a shout out to him...maybe he has a few pointers...

Hope he can help....I have not used hotspot on my iphone just yet.....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a PRL and Profile update please reboot your phone and you should be able to connect to your hotspot.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #4
    OP has a Iphone 5...Its ##update# on your native dialer, it will probably say service update complete after it is done. He has already completed the update once..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

After a reboot or enable and disabling Airplane mode, the iPhone will connect and you should be able to go to Settings -> Cellular -> Personal Hotspot -> ON
  • Rodney CrossRodney Cross Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @ali I tried both a reboot and toggle airplane mode on and off also the combo of both, however I am still stuck at the setup personal hotspot. Any other suggegestions? Thanks all for helping
    @Rodney Cross‌ The only other thing I can think of is jailbreaking and installing TetherMe.

Or if you have the Cellular Data Network section in Cellular, change the APN to n.f6.ispsn and see if it works :)
    @Rodney Cross
    I did a little reading and research...

Try this.....disable wifi and see if the hotspot option appears using just data....

if you was on data...disable data and turn on wifi and try ....

let me know if you get any results....

if you are already trying this on data.and nothing works...go to your account online and make sure your still using 4g--if your on the unlimited plan...after using 1gb, it degrades the signal to 3g...let us know--if you using 3g or 4g?

if you out of 4g...and you have 4g on...turn 4g off and try to see if the option shows on 3g

also make sure you have enough data..if your not on a unlimited plan...make sure you have more than 100mbs...

Figured maybe we can just start from scratch...on the troubleshooting...

Hope this helps--Just my suggestions...

I read, that the option will appear and disappear with the correct connection-wifi/3g/4g.....

• Rodney CrossRodney Cross Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @ali, @njfulwider5‌ I've tried all scenarios
    Lte, 3G, wifi (will not work), and get to the same pop up message to call Sprint.
    Also the cellular data network menu is also hidden, so not able to change apn.

PS on a few days I am going to lose 2 gigs of data on my
    403s. If you guys want it, send me your email and I'll try and share it.
    @Rodney Cross
    looks like were going to have to call in the big guns(admins).... here are there names..

@Britknee_‌ @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @Jorge M @FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin