Compatible waterproof freedompop phone ? water proof

freedompop1235freedompop1235 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
hi, very glad I found freedompop. I've been sort of spamming the internet letting everyone know about it.
Anyway, are any compatible phones waterproof? Of these, that are all the compatible phones I found, none seem to be waterproof. (I deleted the compatible iphones from this list because I don't want an iPhone). Any update on other compatible phones? thanks.
-HTC EVO 4g

-Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and S4

-Samsung Galaxy Victory LTE (Make sure to include device's ICCID when activating. Click here for more.)

-LG Viper 4G LTE

-Samsung Epic 4G

-HTC Evo 3D

-Samsung Nexus S

-Motorola Photon 4G

-HTC Evo Shift

-HTC Evo Design

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)

LG Viper

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a plastic Baggie that is good to 30 feet down. It's made for cell phone to go into. You'll have to google for it as I can't remember it's name or who sells it.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • freedompop1235freedompop1235 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    yeah but who wants a bag phone for every day use just in case it gets wet? I ordered the Victory from FP direct. Hopefully they'll have a nice compatible waterproof phone eventually.
  • freedompop1235freedompop1235 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    FP should try and get at least a crappy waterproof phone as part of their line up. :ar!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,348FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @freedompop1235‌ ,
    Are ANY phones water PROOF without water tight accessory container put around it ?
  • Daniel S3Daniel S3 Posts: 112FreedomPop Newbie
    There are quite a few waterproof cell phones out there, mostly Sony Xperia and Galaxy Active or Sport. But there are a few others as well such as Kyocera Hydro Life. A quick google search will turn up quite a bit and explain the Ingress Protection scale.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    The S4 + Otterbox Armor = :x for waterproofness. You're welcome lol.
    A waterproof case is not a waterproof phone. Not everyone wants to use a case. Some will not use a phone without a case. Personal preferences should not get in the way of answering questions.

@freedompop1235,
    As of right not I do not believe FP uses any waterproof phones.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a Bit off Topic, But where we say waterproof....Are we talking about a waterproof phone we could swim with, or just a splash proof phone....

I know a Case is a simple solution to something that don't exits on FP, But I just found out the case I have, says waterproof......but when you read the tiny tiny print, it says.....splash proof.....(I thought I had a waterproof case, glad I never tested that theory)But I have had it in the rain on numerous occasions(I live in Seattle)

Do they make a water proof phone or is it just splash proof?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ , Yes, there are waterproof phones as I stated in my reply earlier. Here is a brief excerpt from the S5 Sport (IP Certification of ip67).

Of course, Freedompop does not offer any of these phones so it is basically not very relevant to us at this time. But every device has a IP rating and this will help users understand what it all means.

Totally protected against dust
    Protected against immersion between 15cm and 1m of fresh water for up to 30 minutes
    Protected against impact/shock from drop onto flat surface of less than 4 feet
    Protected against vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, and high altitude

Basically this is just one example and will give users a basic understanding of what is meant by "waterproof" and what to look for and how to read it.

This is all measured in the IP scale. Here is a bit on that.

The IP Code (or International Protection Rating, sometimes also interpreted as Ingress Protection Rating*) consists of the letters IP followed by two digits and an optional letter. As defined in international standard IEC 60529, it classifies the degrees of protection provided against the intrusion of solid objects (including body parts like hands and fingers), dust, accidental contact, and water in electrical enclosures. The standard aims to provide users more detailed information than vague marketing terms such as waterproof.

The digits (characteristic numerals) indicate conformity with the conditions summarized in the tables below. For example, an electrical socket rated IP22 is protected against insertion of fingers and will not be damaged or become unsafe during a specified test in which it is exposed to vertically or nearly vertically dripping water. IP22 or 2X are typical minimum requirements for the design of electrical accessories for indoor use.

First Digit: Solids

The first digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts (e.g., electrical conductors, moving parts) and the ingress of solid foreign objects.

Level Object size protected against Effective against
    0 Not protected No protection against contact and ingress of objects
    1 >50mm Any large surface of the body, such as the back of the hand, but no protection against deliberate contact with a body part.
    2 >12.5mm Fingers or similar objects.
    3 >2.5mm Tools, thick wires, etc.
    4 >1mm Most wires, ****, etc.
    5 Dust Protected Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact.
    6 Dust Tight No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact.

Second Digit: Liquids

Protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against harmful ingress of water.

Level Object size protected against Effective against
    0 Not protected -
    1 Dripping watter Dripping watter (vertically falling drops) shall have no harmfull effect.
    2 Dripping water when tilted up to 15° Vertically dripping water shall have no harmful effect when the enclosure is tilted at an angle up to 15° from its normal position.
    3 Spraying water Water falling as a spray at any angle up to 60° from the vertical shall have no harmful effect.
    4 Splashing water Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.
    5 Water jets Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
    6 Powerful water jets Water projected in powerful jets (12.5mm nozzle) against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
    7 Immersion up to 1m Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
    8 Immersion beyond 1m The equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. Normally, this will mean that the equipment is hermetically sealed. However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only in such a manner that it produces no harmful effects.

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!!Was not expecting a detailed answer like That good job....

I have a LunatiK Case, one of those with the gorilla glass, for my Iphone....Reason I asked....Though maybe it was the std, to call it water proof-when it is only Splash proof....
    Thanks for the info

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Just remember, whenever you see anything called waterproof to check into the ip rating.
    Thank You Duke 350....

Wow! That is some great std.
    I suspect that even the biggest refurbishers in world may not receive enough quantity of ip rated devices to justify the tooling to support refurbishing of them. This may be an extra road block to FP adding a 'waterproof' device (no supply).
    His could get a lot more interesting if FP aligned with a GSM cell company.