Troubleshooting: If You Are Having Phone Issues Try This First!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
edited April 2014 in Mobile Phone Service #1
If you are having issues with your FreedomPhone please make sure you are logged into your Google account on your phone, also please try these steps to fix your problem before posting:

Make sure you are connected to the internet (preferably WiFi). From home page, tap menu (next to the home button), go to settings -> apps -> all (on top right) -> scroll down and select the FreedomPop Messaging app. Tap Force Stop, then Clear Data.

Now reopen the FreedomPop Messaging app and enter your email address. It should now accept the email and display the FP icon on the top left of your screen.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Tagged:

Comments

• Roy SummersRoy Summers Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks that worked also updated profile and prl. working ok now
  • spence blackspence black Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Adele connection at 4g or strong wifi signal certainly helps but seem to get go call quality at 3g too.. I test called my answering machine at home while I was listening in the house to change a few settting. Click the wrench icon when in a call and you can adjust the volume of microphone and speaker. I lowered both, but especially the microphone, below 50% mark and seems much clearer. I think with them turned up too high the speaker on phone goes into microphone and causes echo. Also new freedompop app out today they claims helps with battery and call quality. Go to playstore and download update.
  • Jane NekoliczakJane Nekoliczak Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I did all of that but I can't receive text. Everything else working well any advice?
  • KAREN PURVISKAREN PURVIS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My speaker phone is not working and when I make or receive a call the person can not hear me but I can hear them fine. Please help
  • E Thomas PulaskiE Thomas Pulaski Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Called Customer Support again on 3/27 and after the rep looked at my account, he had me go on hold and apparently spoke to some backroom wizard who did who-knows-what. In any event, problem solved and I'm happy ... though I have no idea what the problem may have been!
  • Kenneth  VogtKenneth Vogt Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    So, I've run through the tips. Updated app, profile, prl, restarted it multiple times, but I can't place or receive calls. I can see when someone is calling, but when I gesture to answer, it doesn't connect. When I try to place a call, it lets me dial the number, switches to a "call in progress" message and then reverts back to the dial screen without connecting me. I've tried it through WiFi, 4G, and 3G to no avail. Any ideas? So far, even free, FreedomPop isn't proving to be worth the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Kenneth - Please try this; Dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 422610

Hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • andrewsa43andrewsa43 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have tried the above and every other solution that I have found on the website or anywhere else online and I am still unable to make calls or send text. Internet works fine. I tried calling support several times and could immediately get through to a salesperson but was never able to speak to someone in tech. 25+ minutes on hold and still no answer. Would like to get the phone working but a bit frustrated. I have several friends who heard I was ordering one of these phones and are waiting to see how my works before ordering one on their own.
    @andrewsa43 - Please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 313939

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.
  • andrewsa43andrewsa43 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    If I dial ##786# from the FreedomPop Phone screen (the one that is black, gray, and blue) it still doesn't do anything. If I go to the home screen and touch phone on the bottom center of the screen and then dial the same number it goes straight to Reverse Logistics Support and I don't have the option to reset. I have also tried all the other reset options listed on the help pages here and still not result. Also, I have tried calling the phone from another phone and I get an error recording, Websurfing through 4g still works.
  • Weichin ShinWeichin Shin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Every Month, my account will have issue and not able to make phone call, always got out of money message, Please advise how to fix this issue
  • Robert StubergRobert Stuberg Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue. When I call out I get the message that I don't have any minutes available for use. I can't send or receive any sort of messages. EVO 4g. I've been have ongoing issues with reception quality, poor service reception to any other FreedomPop phone, and just generally always having to reset it to make a call.
    @shinmeow - I refreshed your account and everything should be working properly now.

@Robert - Please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 650875

• Patricia  Sneddon Patricia Sneddon Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    The force stop, clear data didn't work. Received error code 1012 when trying to update profile.

I cannot make or receive calls. The call just doesn't process at all or I get a message saying I'm out of minutes. I have an unlimited minutes plan. Please help. I am rarely able to use this phone to make or receive phone calls. Today, even the internet didn't work.
  • maria espinozamaria espinoza Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I need the msl code too
    @Patricia - It looks like you reached an agent and they got you up and running again.

@Maria - I just responded to your PM, your device and service should be working properly again.
  • Stephen BakerStephen Baker Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    All of the suggestions above didn't work. I bought an EVO in March 2014 with a 2 year voice unlimited plan. I tried to make a call today and was told I have NO MINUTES!
    @Stephen - Your account looks like it is now active again. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.
  • Philip HowardPhilip Howard Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Just got the phone. No reliable sound whatsoever on wifi. On 4G, I can hear OK at times, but the other end picks up digital distortion, like a G729 codec without jitter reduction. My Voxox App with G726 codec works fine on wifi and 4G on the HTC EVO 4G. Unfortunately, unlimited calling and texts only applies with the FP app. I will attempt different codec defaults within the FP app
  • Philip HowardPhilip Howard Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I failed. I tried every method on the forums, and tried to get the app to use a 16kbs (instead of 8kbs) codec to get around the "jitter" in the signal coming from the tower. Due to the weak signal at my home, I must regrettably discontinue my service and return the phone. However, for those receiving strong signals, you are getting a bargain.
    @phillip - Sorry to hear that, keep checking back with us as our company continues to grow and we continue to improve our service.
  • Robert WyattRobert Wyatt Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Taylor - I received a new battery for my new phone and now I can make and receive phone calls. I can receive text messages, but I am not being successful at sending them. Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.