What's the chance of a FreedomPop Windows device (Phone/Tablet)

Donald G Barnes Donald G Barnes Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I'd like to know the chances of a FreedomPop Windows device. This could take the form of a Windows Phone and/or a Windows RT/8.x tablet device.

This would, of course, require that a version of FreedomPop's void phone application be available if phone service was a part of it.

I personally am a Fan of iOS, Android and Windows for the things that they are good at. I would prefer we not have a debate on which is the best phone or tablet OS in this discussion.

FreedomPop moderators willing, let the thoughts begin.

Thanks

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprint finally stopped being a **** and now BYOD for Windows 8 phones aren't sanctioned.

We need lots of demand for the phone, and then maybe we could proceed to selling it / allowing BYOD :)
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    KingWiFi said:

Sprint finally stopped being a **** and now BYOD for Windows 8 phones aren't sanctioned.

We need lots of demand for the phone, and then maybe we could proceed to selling it / allowing BYOD :)

What a freedompop void app for the PC and Mac, that be cool also.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #4
    Not likely to happen in the short term. Windows Phone has very small market penetration, and there are even less who would be interested in using it with FP. Besides, Microsoft has its own VoIP solution (Skype) so it's very unlikely that they would be willing to provide a different one in the Windows Phone marketplace.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    The PC can use Google Voice via Gmail or Hangouts.
    I am sure there is a good Mac option.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know about that @djinks‌
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".