How to enable Personal Wifi-Hotspot on Iphone 5?

Xiaoyu YaoXiaoyu Yao Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I purchase the Wifi-Hostspot service for my Iphone 5 but does not find any information on how to use it.

There is no"Setting->Personal Hostspot" menu. Do I need to reset network settings to get it?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xiaoyu Yao,

have you used at least 1gb of your 4g, if your on the unlimited data plan?You can't run the hotspot using 3g...(there is a person here who claims he does on his iphone).so you might be able to do the same...??I have not see much luck in hotspot or tethering in 3g...

if you have plenty of 4g go to Settings>>>Cellular>>>>Set up personal Hotspot???

If you using a regular data plan, make sure you have a good 4g signal before you try and use the hotspot...

make sure in your account online, that you have more than 100 mbs in you account...If you have 100 mbs or less and auto top up deactivated, your account will suspend..if you use to many voice or text mins, your account will suspend..make sure your 100% ready to go...

let us know what you find out...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xiaoyu Yao‌ To set up the hotspot service on your iPhone 5, please do the following:

1. Open the Native iPhone dialer that is green

2. Dial ##CLEAR# and it will reset your cellular PRL and Profile

3. Dial ##UPDATE# and it will grab the latest settings from our servers

4. Enable Airplane mode, and then disable it. You should be able to then proceed to Settings -> General -> Cellular -> Personal Hotspot and then turn it on.
  • albertalfaalbertalfa Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Xiaoyu Yao‌ To set up the hotspot service on your iPhone 5, please do the following:

1. Open the Native iPhone dialer that is green

2. Dial ##CLEAR# and it will reset your cellular PRL and Profile

3. Dial ##UPDATE# and it will grab the latest settings from our servers

4. Enable Airplane mode, and then disable it. You should be able to then proceed to Settings -> General -> Cellular -> Personal Hotspot and then turn it on.

I can't see personal hotspot
  • Mike S.Mike S. Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali I have the same problem as @Xiaoyu Yao‌ and @albertalfa I have reset my iPhone (6) in the past and updated the carrier settings but I can never find the personal hot-spot option.
  • alinajetlyalinajetly Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie

I purchase the Wifi-Hostspot service for my Iphone 5 but does not find any information on how to use it.

There is no"Setting->Personal Hostspot" menu. Do I need to reset network settings to get it?

i have found one thread for How to Setup, Use Personal Hotspot iPhone