Can't connect with my FreedomPop hub burst

Jackson MichelJackson Michel Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
My hub burst indicates that it is connected to the internet and I can load the FreedomPop website but no other websites. Every time I open a browser I get redirected to a page that says "welcome to freedompop. If you've reached this page, we've got information to share with you related to your account. Please click the button below to get updates to your account", clicking the link on this page leads me to a 404 error.

Some help would be much appreciated!

@Britknee_‌ @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @Jorge M @FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
@Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

Comments

• JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    This has been a recurring problem for many user, and only an FP admin can help you out.
  • Hello @Jackson Michel‌ please PM me the email address associated with the account.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • j_forcej_force Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Britknee_‌ @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @Jorge M @FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌@GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

I've experienced this problem on my black hub burst. Says to contact customer service but I was on phone hold for 15min and no response. I tried unplugging and restarting the hub too, no luck. Please assist ASAP, thanks!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @j_force‌ Hello Justin, when you disable the Automatic Top-Up feature your account will be suspended when you reach the top-up threshold. However, if you exceed your free data allotment in a single session, your account may switch to pay-as-you-go mode. Note that data usage reporting may be delayed by up to three hours.
    Our system suspends activity if you are within 100MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than $2.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @j_force Try to add some credit or upgrade to a higher plan to get going!
  • j_forcej_force Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the explanations. I don't understand how I'm charged so much data when I unplug everything and only log on when I stream to my chromecast or YouTube on my phone. I checked my usage log and it shows chunks of data every fifteen minutes. Is there hidden background data usage somewhere?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #9
    @j_force‌
    Chromecast uses allot of data all by itself--->>its almost like a cell phone, if you only use the chromecast on the hub, eachtime you log on, its trying to update-if you don't have updates off..there is a chance it will update....You should check over all your setting on your Chromecast....Background app refresh? Play store updates?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I own a Chromecast and it has very few configuration options, so you're probably stuck.
    In general, using video with any of the available FP plans is a tricky proposition at best, so I recommend to not even bother.
    @JAY SANCHEZ‌ I streamed video once with a hub and it used like 3GB in 3 hours!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @j_force‌

sd video can be 300mbs to 1000mbs and a HD can be 2000mbs to 5000mbs, and the new Super HD, if you stream Netflix on the chromecast---upwards 12000-17000mbs(might be wrong on the super hd-just know its allot) super Hd would eat 10gb really fast....

my family Streams movies about 75% of the time--smart Tv's in every room.....Netflix is a killer--so is YouTube, if you like to watch in 1080P/720P

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

If you watch 4K for lets say one movie, you will probably use up at least 5GB

If you watch 1K (1080p) for one movie, it will be for 2.7GB

If you watch a 720p movie, it will use ~1.24GB

Anything less could be around 500MB if its over 480p
    edited December 2014 #14
    @ali,
    not on my Smart Tv or any of my Box...I wished.....LOL

When you use the chromecast or any of the box/usb---they take a ton of data

what are you using?

@njfulwider5‌ I am using my MacBook Pro with Retina Display with 2K video streaming. I obviously won't use my hub since it buffers a lot
    Mac, must use data way different than android based TV's....or windows based Computer...

Maybe I should look into a mac based Media center :)

@njfulwider5‌ Macs use a lot more data, especially if you're using something like a thunderbolt display or a TV to watch everything with.
    Ali said:

If you watch 4K for lets say one movie, you will probably use up at least 5GB

If you watch 1K (1080p) for one movie, it will be for 2.7GB

If you watch a 720p movie, it will use ~1.24GB

Anything less could be around 500MB if its over 480p

This is less data than any of my devices.....

I've noticed that 720p movies downloaded to my Kindle take significantly less space; Amazon probably uses an optimized codec for their content. It would still take a significant chunk out of any of the available FP plans, though.
    @JAY SANCHEZ‌ Amazon compresses everything in a special way, but it will still take at least 100MBs for 720p on my brothers kindle. Sadly I don't have one so I can't test it
    @JAY SANCHEZ
    I think its dependent on the operating system....My tablet uses windows 8.1...what operating system does this use?

The Amazon Kindle uses Android with a custom Amazon skin
    Have a Happy Holiday!!!! :)