**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

how to connect to internet on vista using bolt

i have the sprint smartview install on vista, but i am not able to find where to tell vista to connect to the internet using the mobile connection. Anyone know how?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not need to use Sprint Smartview for the bolt. It is a plug and play device so just connect it, shut off WiFi and disconnect any ethernet cables, and you should be good to go :)

Sprint smartview is for Sprint branded devices we use like the 250U and the u600.
    If you have issues connecting please let me know and I will help you troubleshoot :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    take a peek in the btm right corner-does it look like you have Ethernet plugged in....This is a connection using the bolt.

also make sure you do not have your pc connected to any other signals--turn wifi off (if on a home network) and make sure you unplugged your Ethernet cable

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• a1ChiangFeng LiHSpot8a1ChiangFeng LiHSpot8 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    i just switch to the free 500mb plan, when i try to connect with 4g, it said i need a sprint day plan or something similar. any idea?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like it wants a sprint account than an FP account....
    Comments other Pros?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChiangFeng Li
    if you just switch plans...there is a good chance you just need a admin to refresh..

lets send a shout out and see what they see on there end(I didn't realize you had this working in the past)

also check you data? do you have more than 100mbs left?

@Jorge M. @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )@ChiangFeng Li‌ This message always displays for free customers however if you press connect it will work without any issues.

I thought you had the bolt as well, if you do then you don't need smart view but if you have the u600 (has a 3G and 4G light) or a 250U then you need smart view.
    You don't need smartview with the U600, it is Plug and play as long as it is activated.....I have tested to confirm....

@njfulwider5‌ That is odd... how will it switch from 3G to 4G? I think you mean the bolt... that's plug and play. The u600 needs Smartview on all the PC's and Macs I have tested.
    nope..u600

@njfulwider5‌ Which PC do you use?
    I had a few I could play around with.....I still have a few I play around with...

just waiting for my 250u

@njfulwider5‌ I checked with Sprint support for the u600 and they require having Smartview. Same with FreedomPop as well.
    I have around 8 running and being used..of them...take you pick......I don't have a mac..so I can't tell you forsure

forgot...kids have there laptops tooo

Good For Sprint and Good For Freedompop....

All I can tell the op is my own experiences.....

@Jorge M.
    have you any experience with this?

i have the sprint smartview install on vista, but i am not able to find where to tell vista to connect to the internet using the mobile connection. Anyone know how?

Holy cow are we loosing track of the issues....

i just switch to the free 500mb plan, when i try to connect with 4g, it said i need a sprint day plan or something similar. any idea?

Are you still having issues?

@Jorge M. @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌

can anybody please take a peek on the account side...does the Op need a refresh?

The correct way to use the device is to have smartview installed...

@njfulwider5‌ Yea... this thread got derailed because there was an argument about needing Smartview or not. I have told the OP that if there is a message needing a Day pass, the OP should ignore it.

Problem solved.