Plan details

kenny747kenny747 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I'm having a very hard time finding what I need on the site and have already made a purchase and once made, THEN the details are made clear. Details like higher prices on plans than I was led to believe but all that is in another thread if I can find where I posted it. Because of all that I thought it best to just ask here before I repeat what already happened to me and so I can avoid any other surprises..

I need the details on the $19.99 unlimited phone plan as all I could find on it was here ......

http://support.freedompop.com/Data-and-Plans/34245924/Are-there-any-unlimited-data-plans.htm

........but there is so little info at the link , I'd be afraid to purchase a byod (and purchase elsewhere because the site doesn't seem to want me to see their devices) Just going on that. Are there more details for the plan listed on the site or is that all we get?

There seems to be no email support which would be perfect, and it's nuts to have to call just for a decent amount of info and besides from past experiences, phone calls worry me as there is no record of what's said, I'd like to see it here in writing.

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time to get the unlimited plan you will have to PM an admin after activation.
    Development reports there may be a delay for some users if you will need the unlimited plan, but if you PM an admin they should get you up and running :)
  • kenny747kenny747 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    OK, thanks, if I should decide to go with the plan, I know what to do now but as to the intent of the original post, I assume there is nowhere to get the details on what the plan is all about? Just the small paragraph I linked too?

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kenny747‌
    It really depends on the phone. Its hit and miss with the unlimited everything plan. Sometimes it will show as apart of the 3 plans your offered/sometimes it wont.But when you try and activate, and if the option is not present. You can do as Ali suggested.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ @kenny747‌ When BYODing you could try to paste this link in your URL bar and pressing go when at the plan selection page - http://freedompop.com/phone/plans_voice?experience=phone.default

The unlimited plan should appear :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am also finding....if I decide not to go with the unlimited plan....I now have the option in my plans page--->>>if i decide to upgrade at a later date. I think freedompop has fixed this on a few of the phones....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ Thats awesome... I need some info too so please check ur inbox :)

@kenny747‌
    It really depends on the phone. Its hit and miss with the unlimited everything plan. Sometimes it will show as apart of the 3 plans your offered/sometimes it wont.But when you try and activate, and if the option is not present. You can do as Ali suggested.

Thanks, Nj/Ali, It all just sounds so iffy.. If, say I order a phone today from wherever and then go to activate it with the unlimited plan, it sounds as if we are saying it could be hit and miss activating it and then I'm stuck with a phone I don't need.

I may be misunderstanding as I don't see how that would work well for FP at all so let me know if I'm not on the right track.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

edited November 2014 #10
    If you can't get activated on unlimited an admin will definitely get you up and running on the plan in no time :)
    OK, after rereading, it sounds as if I'm a little over concerned for no good reason and I will be able to activate one way or another.

I've got a hotspot on the way and free 2+1gb and though I am working on getting cable now for home net at which time I will dump the hotspot, that will give me the opportunity to see what the reception is like here. If all goes well, I'll get the unlimited for my phone and come back here for help to activate it.
    OK, I got my hotspot working fine, my connection tested fine so I ordered a byod Victory, forgot what y'all had told me, lol, and signed up for a free cell plan. I did that because I couldn't find the unlimited but when I activated my hotspot, I got a free 3gb's and then and only then did it list the other plans so I assumed it would do the same with the phone service and still may. Also, that way I get a gig of free phone data to try it out. Don't really need it because it was already tested with the hotspot but free is free so, assuming I'm correct and it will offer the unlimited plan eventually, it's all good.

All babble aside, the immediate question is, I have signed and paid, got the email "You are now a FreedomPop Subscriber" and have no idea what to do now. When it processes my order, it just stopped processing and when back tom the start of the order process so I got no info as to what to do next there and nothing in the email.

Do I need to do something else to activate the Victory? Should I be good to go and just be able to get on the net but it just takes awhile fro FP to get me in the system? Also, I'm signed in here with my hotsot account and noit the phone account FWIW.

Pretty stupid on the phone stuff so, please keep that in mind if someone offers help. :)

Thanks.
    OK, looks like I was able to log in to my account and I'm not sure what mobile number to enter? Do I create one? I tried adding any number and it went back to "enter mobile# so I assume not. What now?

Step by step, please, and thanks for all the help thus far. :)
    I don't want to transfer any number and just need to make one up or however that works.
    OK, I was finally able to get to my site settings and get a phone number. I entered it and it just bounces back enter it again. I assume there is a wait period between the time the phone number is selected and the time it's in the system. If that's not true, guess I still need help.

If it is true, and just as an FYI...a quick mention of the delays, where the delays were and roughly how long they would be would have saved me a ton of searching/frustration. See, some of us think there might be something wrong or something we aren't doing right when things don't work as they should, especially when we have to wing it and aren't even sure we are going through the right process to begin with. Just a quick note in the verification email with the proper steps and what to expect would have helped tremendously.

Anyway, hope I'm almost done and that getting the unlimited plan once the free plan runs out, will be a little easier. :)
    phone is suddenly stuck at the dial page and I can't get to anything else on the phone. I assume it wants me to enter something but I've entered everything I can think of and it just says try again. A simple email with some kind of instruction would be nice but still left hanging with nothing.
    I contacted the administrator last night like you guys said to and nothing. My phone is still locked into phone mode. Everything seemed to go fine until paid and now I feel completely abandoned...not good
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kenny747‌ are you still trying to get a number assigned for FP.?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I found a number...chose it from a list of numbers in my account but have no idea what to do with it, if anything.

As I mentioned a few posts back, my phone is now stuck at the phone dial buttons so I assume it wants something entered there but I entered everything I could think of and still, nothing... just a "try again" prompt.

The main issue now is even after emailing several times and contacting two administrators as was suggested on this thread...still nothing. Phone number does me no good if I don't know what to do with it and I can't get the service needed to use it.

njfulwider5, Ali, I signed up for this on your assurance it would go fine but now, I'm left here without the slightest idea what's going on. What should I expect at this point? What normally happens once the free plane is paid for?
    @kenny747‌ Really sorry for replying late here, is it possibly if you could PM me everything? I will then be able to get you up and running and if needed submit a ticket so you can use your phone!
    OK, thank you, I'll try. I PM'd Joe earlier and have no idea where to get the answer so, I'll PM you, find out what you need and leave you my email so I can be sure to hear back from you.

I guess I should just ask here, if I PM you, will I get a notification in my email if there is an answer? as well as a link to get to that answer?

Thanks again, Ali
    OK, You're PM'd. Clearly I'm new to these boards so, please post back here if I did something wrong and it didn't go through but, it should have gone through just fine.

Thanks again
    @kenny747‌
    I see your messages on the activity boards....

what seem to be the issue?

Joe, it's all pretty much there on my thread. I paid, the phone isn't able to connect to anything and I was give no instruction at anytime on what to do or what to expect.

Ali, said she would help so, I'll see how that goes.

I am curious though, was the phone supposed to be activated to the point I could use it after I paid? If not, was there supposed to be some sort of instruction to get it up and running? What should I have expected to happen once paid? Again, just curious since I've never seen anything like this before.

Thanks for the reply.

Kenny
    I answered you in PM last night, Joe. Hope to hear back.