Unlimited Data + 500Mb free data?

David DahlDavid Dahl Posts: 83FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
I just saw this. My Galaxy SII is broken, and I've been trying to find an alternative with LTE. I saw this plan and thought "Wow awesome, Unlimited everything, talk text and data" but it has a free 500Mb extra? How do you add extra data to unlimited data? I'm really confused.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Dahl
    I know this has to be a Typo.....But you can added free data to anything Freedompop-including the unlimited plans....There are freedom Friends?also gifting?-This comes in real handy when you have the 1gb--4g cap on the unlimited plan, and your trying to tether or run a hotspot...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ @David Dahl‌ When adding social broadband data to the unlimited thats extra LTE data right there :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its always good to have more data on your unlimited plan...Especially if your tethering or running a hotspot.....More is always better....even if its free....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• David DahlDavid Dahl Posts: 83FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand still, I am assuming the 500MB is free, then after the 500MB it goes to the regular pricing plan per month + unlimited data. Is this correct?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @David Dahl
    With the unlimited data plan, you only get 1000MB of 4G data, then shift to 3G. If you have 500MB of free data, then you will not switch to 3G until 1500MB have been used. If you have your connected friends gift you another 500MB, then you will have 2000MB of 4G data before switching to 3G.
  • Mark KimMark Kim Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    djinks said:

@David Dahl
    With the unlimited data plan, you only get 1000MB of 4G data, then shift to 3G. If you have 500MB of free data, then you will not switch to 3G until 1500MB have been used. If you have your connected friends gift you another 500MB, then you will have 2000MB of 4G data before switching to 3G.

Can someone confirm that djinks post above is accurate. I hit the 1gb throttle on my unlimited plan with 4 days left in the calendar month and then proceeded to add 10 freedom friends for +500 mb. The 500mb showed up on my account, but I am still being throttled at 128kbs.

I now have 2 days left until the new calendar month starts, and am wondering if this following month I will get the 1.5gb full speed LTE before being throttled.

Thanks in advance.