**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

truly unlimited?

rainotarirainotari Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
is the unlimited truly unlimited?
as in if i go over 1gig do i still have unlimited web service? i am aware it changes from 4g to 3g.

but no tethering unless its 1g or below.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have truly unlimited except we throttle LTE to 500kb/s after you reach the 1gb threshold. 3G won't get throttled.
  • rainotarirainotari Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    i dont understand, what does that mean? how slow does it get?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are able to do LTE at 500kb/s as stated above, then going at that speed of usage, a 15 minute run is 900 seconds. The above 500 is also 0.48mb/s x 900 sec gives nearly 450mb. Change bits to bytes, divide by 8. So about 55 MB in fifteen minutes. Not very good for watching videos, but most other stuff is ok.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014 #5
    @rainotari

when your service downs to 3g.....and you still have service on 3g....nothing changes but the speeds....

Tethering is not a option after the 1g....But you can still add data---even if you have unlimited... to add to that threshold..USE..Freedom friends....gifting....Completing offers....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Marion SotoMarion Soto Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I have a question: when I call, does it uses my internet credit? I can see in data usage that messenger comes first, and it seems very strange to me as I have an unlimited talk/text plan...

Best regards,
    Marion
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marion Soto
    There is always going to be some sort of usage monitor-even if you have unlimited...somebody's flipping the bill...and it still need to be recorded...Unlimited still has its limits...2500 voice min and 5000 text...On the rare occasion, you hit this limit and your account suspends...reaching out to Customer service or a admin and the'll fix the account till it rolls over....

Do you have unlimited data too? If not, the app does use data, unless your on wifi. If your using Data, It will be very minimal...not enough to count...and if it does count-It is rumored that freedompop credits the account, with the data loss used...

I personally have not had such credit, but I am on a totally free plan...Not unlimited..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• James SewellJames Sewell Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

@rainotari

when your service downs to 3g.....and you still have service on 3g....nothing changes but the speeds....

Tethering is not a option after the 1g....But you can still add data---even if you have unlimited... to add to that threshold..USE..Freedom friends....gifting....Completing offers....

Good to know cause I was thinking about and assumed with unlimited and reduced speeds you could still tether for home internet and that would be cheaper than clear wireless for me. No one ever said otherwise when I've brought it up in the home broadband section.

But what's the difference between unlimited on my phone and using it for tethering. I thought FP was more progressive. Netflix on my phone is the same if tethered to my chromecast, computer or playstation or what have you. Long as you don't run a server...it should be all good.

How is tethering blocked?...does FP send ya a text or letter about tethering? Back in the day even on sprint pda net fox fi & tether me worked. And ya jailbreak for it on iphone, but that was many yrs ago...and I assume none of that stuff works by this thread and me seeing the issue pop-up in another thread.
    next question. if i got 5g for tablet, is it unlimited? like the speed throttles lower to 3 or 2g but i canstill go online even after the data of 5gb at 4g speeds is used ???
    thinking about getting samsung tablet for travelling..

are there any 10+ inch tablets?
    i meant 4gb sorry
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think speed throttle applies to he unlimited data plans.
    The defined x GB plans ought to be whatever the radios can support. Given trees, buildings, terrain, etc.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

@rainotari

Good to know cause I was thinking about and assumed with unlimited and reduced speeds you could still tether for home internet and that would be cheaper than clear wireless for me. No one ever said otherwise when I've brought it up in the home broadband section.

But what's the difference between unlimited on my phone and using it for tethering. I thought FP was more progressive. Netflix on my phone is the same if tethered to my chromecast, computer or playstation or what have you. Long as you don't run a server...it should be all good.

How is tethering blocked?...does FP send ya a text or letter about tethering? Back in the day even on sprint pda net fox fi & tether me worked. And ya jailbreak for it on iphone, but that was many yrs ago...and I assume none of that stuff works by this thread and me seeing the issue pop-up in another thread.
    I have heard of others figuring out a way to tether after the limit...But I only heard this once...they had the phone set up in a NON-Freedompop way...But according to him it was possible....