**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

New Service with BYOD - what needs to happen first

prohatgiprohatgi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Can someone please help me understand below :
I need to port my phone number from Ringplus . Though i would like to port my Device also , but an MEID check of it on FP tells me that the device is not supported (Samsung SPH-L700) . Hence i have purchased a new device on eBay that i am still to receive in mail. Once i get the new device (phone) what needs to happen first : 1) Create a new account with whatever new number FT portal assigns me with the new Device ? 2) When do i port my number from Ringplus , so that in the end i am on my existing number using the new device and with FP ? I am sorry if this is a repeat , but i cannot seem to find a straight & simple answer , so your help is appreciated .
regards -

Comments

• djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    @prohatgi
    First, ensure the phone is Sprint branded and has a clean ESN. See swappa.com for ESN checks.

Next read this:
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5515/how-to-move-your-phone-and-number-to-a-new-service-or-number-porting-101

You can activate the BYOD phone here:
    http://freedompop.com/byod
    Create the account with the phone. You cannot port in until you have the account.
  • prohatgiprohatgi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Hello djinks ,

I have started service with FP on a new Freedom Phone (S4) , but i am now faced with my number porting issue. FP says that my request has been rejected by Ringplus (another Sprint MVNO) with error 7401 Invalid Account Number. Whereas i have twice confirmed with Ring+ the info and they also confirmed that they are not seeing any porting request for my old number in the last 90 days . So that makes me wonder where are the requests going to ?
    Something i noticed in FP's porting page is the "Current Carrier Name" info with only big 5 carriers and without the option to specify MVNO names like Ring+, Ting etc . I have submitted intital request with "Sprint" as carrier name, since Ring+ are Sprint MVNO , but when that failed , i resubmitted it with the "Other" value (since there is no way to specify any value not present in the limited choice) . But i suspect the initial choice of Sprint might still be sticking with the request .

I am at my wits end , and another problem is that FP does not have a trouble ticket system and to get someone online is over 45 mins wait everytime !

regards -
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Richard Allen‌ do you have suggestions for account name when porting from ringplus ? Probably pin also.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen‌ knows everything when it comes to this. His new nickname shall now be Señor Port guy.

Normally what I would do is use ring.to if FreedomPop can't port it through and port that to FP.
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    @prohatgi‌
    Until @Richard Allen‌ responds, consider this:

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/02/porting-your-number-how-to-find-your.html

"RingPlus - Account number is the 10-digit phone number and password is your voice mail PIN."
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks I'mmmm back. @prohatgi Is the information below what you entered in for your account and pin?

RingPlus - Account number is the 10-digit phone number and password is your voice mail PIN.

My first suspicion of what caused the problem is that you selected Sprint as the carrier. You need to select other for the carrier.

There are a lot of different information used for account number that is carrier specific. And, by selecting Sprint as the carrier the FP port was probably sending information specific to Sprint that was not recognized as the correct information by Ring+.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #8
    One more bit of information. Be sure your Ring+ account is active. If you cancel your service before your number is successfully ported you could possibly lose the number
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, make sure you double check before entering everything as one typo could make it fail