**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Want to switch phones on my account

Zamran JohnZamran John FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
Hi, I currently have EVO 4G HTC and want to switch my service to Samsung S2. Can you please let me know how i go about it?

Thanks,

Zamran

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zamran John
    You have to activate the phone you want to use, in a so called dummy account. Charges apply if its BYOD....If its Freedompop, than it free...

Just activate the phone, like you would any other device....once your complete-->>>come back here and we'll call a admin to swap account for you...Or you can call Customer service....

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zamran John‌ To switch your device, see if they can do it for free by calling 1 (888) 743-8107 and for technical support let them know you want to switch your device. If they can't do it for free, then you will be asked to BYOD the second phone and they will switch the phone number and everything for you :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ali so Freedompop is Offer free activation on BYOD's if you decide to switch phones...I keep hearing this allot, but the admins say different? So Confused?

@Jorge M.

Can you please clarify for us? I thought we were charge 20$ for activating a BYOD, if we want to swap phones? and than you guys come in and swap accounts?

Please advise?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ The OP wants to activate a new phone and deactivate his current one so he won't have to make a new account... I did that before ;)

If he wants both active there will be a fee of $20 but it doesn't look like he needs both up.
  • Zamran JohnZamran John FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    Ali said:

@Zamran John‌ To switch your device, see if they can do it for free by calling 1 (888) 743-8107 and for technical support let them know you want to switch your device. If they can't do it for free, then you will be asked to BYOD the second phone and they will switch the phone number and everything for you :)

Awesome Ali thanks for the info I will do that today or tomorrow.
    Good luck @Zamran John:)
    Yep same situation I am talking about? I keep telling everybody the fee is 20$ to activate a new phone, and free if its already a freedompop phone....

Than, the next comment is you.....They can do it free?????See my confusion...I was told something else...

I'd like confirmation....again

@Zamran John
    It don't hurt to ask.....But please come back here and let us know how it goes...This refund is at the discretion of the service agent you talk to. There is nothing set in stone...

@njfulwider5‌ I speak from experience... they can do it. I didn't use the free BYOD pro benefit for it since it was for my friend :)
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    We have a free BYOD pro benefit?
    Ali said:

@njfulwider5‌ I speak from experience... they can do it. I didn't use the free BYOD pro benefit for it since it was for my friend :)