hotspot 500 vs 803S

stevehauserstevehauser Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
what is the major difference between these two LTE hotspots?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    The 803s is a triband device. 3g, 4g LTE and 4g Wimax. I do not think you can use the wimax on this device. The 500 is a 3g, 4gLTE and can connect to Sprint spark.

I have both devices and the 803s is a little easier to use and seems to have a little better connection to 4g is you are is a weak signal area. I do like both of the devices I just have a slight preference for the 803s.

If you are in the market to purchase one before Christmas you might want to check out the prices on Newegg.com. They just started their black friday sales prices and there appears to be some good deals there. Groupon.com is also running specials for these devices if you want to check them also.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    The 4082 is 3g/4g WiMax
    The 500 is 3g/4g LTE, I would go for the 500. It cost more but you get Sprint Spark where it available. They adding more area for spark as time go on.

The 803S is 3g/WiMax/LTE, but will not get Sprint 4g Spark.
    Hope this answer your questions.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for the 500 LTE - it's higher quality and costs $139 right now :)

It connects to spark which will become 100mbps next year, and it is the most reliable. The 803s won't connect to wimax but it's a good cheaper hotspot :)
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @ali @Brian McPhearson Newegg has two different 500's. The Mifi 500 (FPMIFI500) and LTE hotspot 500 (NOV-SPOT-SP-02R). The price difference between the two is $100 and I am not seeing what is different.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen‌ One is refurbished (NOV-SPOT-WHATEVER) and one is new (FPWHATEVER)
    Thanks @ali @Stevehauser Newegg has the lte hotspot 500 for $79, free shipping and a $10 rebate card. Groupon.com has the Mifi500 for $79 plus tax and shipping.
  • stevehauserstevehauser Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
    how do I activate one of these if I buy a used one... do I need a SIM or something?