**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Getting "Call Rejected" error when receiving calls

Brian WellsBrian Wells FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
Hello,

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 that I bought off Groupon to try out FreedomPop. I can send/receive texts, make calls, but I can not receive calls.

Any chance an admin can check out my account and let me know what's wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    Admin alert, any available right now.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian Wells
    Try to update your profile and PRL.....

If that don't work...find the app(freedompop messaging) in application management(settings).....

Force stop......Clear cache.....than go back to your home page..and log back in....

If that don't work....

Find the Play Store In application management(settings)......

Force stop......Clear cache.....than go back to your home page..and log back in....

let me know if you need help locating?

here is Profile and PRL

if non of the above work...Like brain mention...its admin time...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    @Brian Wells Is the Call rejected" happening on all numbers trying to call you? And, is it possible the people calling your number have their caller id blocked?

The reason I ask about caller id is FP currently rejects anonymous calls. This is a known bug in the system that the development team is working on correcting.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen
    You guys must have had this bug while I was away? When did it start? I keep seeing post like this, and I am assuming its just a phone error......Didn't know we had a bug???I think ali mentioned something about this?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5 Yup it came up during your hiatus. There were multiple posting of anonymous calls being rejected by FP phones. I verified the behavior on my phone, got Jorge involved and he escalated the issue to the development team. It didn't help matter that shortly after that the servers had a hiccup and there were a lot of people having outgoing calls rejected. Got a little confusing for me to keep up with what was going on.
    @Richard Allen
    Thanks for the heads up

@Ali‌
    How did you find out the dev team was working on his account? do you know something we don't know?

@Jorge M.@lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌
    Can you guy please refresh @Brian Wells

We're are not 100% sure its is the bug......Reason I offered troubleshooting ideas...but can you dbl check for us?

@Brian Wells
    Nobody here knows for sure what is wrong with your account....I decided to give you the basic troubleshooting steps....assuming the dev team is working on everybodys account to fix the bug....Reason you still have to call the 1800 number for a refresh--or they would refresh your account at the same-time...

Go ahead and try what I posted....it might help, till you find out for sure---You have the bug everybody else has...

Guys he wrote I can not receive calls

not....I am only getting some of my calls....

to see if your getting hit by the bug,,,,have somebody---with a number that is not blocked..give your phone a call....if it still does not go threw....than your not affected by the bug....

the bug only affect anonymous calls

let me know

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ Sent you a PM
  • Brian WellsBrian Wells FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    Yes, it was from a device that has the caller ID blocked!

Thanks, Ali. I will call (888) 743-8107 tomorrow to get my account reset.
  • Brian WellsBrian Wells FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 15
    @njfulwider5 So I tried resetting the PRL and Profile, and I can now get calls except for those from blocked numbers. I guess that means I have whatever bug is in the code?
    @Brian Wells The bug is affecting everyone I am having the same issue. For the people calling you with blocked caller id let them know to dial *82 before dialing your number that way the call will go through.

It was confusing for others that the message they were getting was that the call was rejected. It would have been nice if the message stated the call was rejected due to blocked caller id and give instruction on how to unblock.
    @Richard Allen
    None of the phones I have got the bug

Is it only on blocked caller id?

I can still call my kids and they can call me--Freedompop to Freedompop?

Could it be the new messaging app? I have yet to update!!!!

I was gone all last week....I feel like I am still playing catch up...LOL

OK...I just update the messaging app on my android....

The dev team must have fixed the bug? It was strange...when I called the phone I updated.....it rang 3 or 4 times on the other phone--before the android even started ringing?

Have you tried to update to most recent Freedompop messaging?

15.06.101.1117?

Forgot....The phone I used to call the android has a blocked number and name?

@njfulwider5 I just tried calling both of my FP phones from a caller id blocked phone and got the "call rejected" message. Yes I am on the most recent version of the messaging app.

If you have a pots line try dialing *67 then your FP phone to see if you get the "call rejected" message.
    edited November 2014 #19
    I just checked all of my htc and my iPhone...all have the most update app...

nada..rings perfect....I don't think this bug affects everybody....If it did, this forum would be hammered, and my email would be blown away with people having issues.

I just help another member, where she had to call my phone to test...nothing? Its hit and miss guys.....Now the OP has the bug, Richard Allen has the bug....But so far this is the only post I have dealt with in the past 3 days.....