**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

iPhone 4 horrible voice quality

marianelmarianel Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I activated an iPhone 4 (running OS 7) a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed that the voice quality is HORRIBLE. No matter what the signal strength or if I'm very close to a wifi router (home), the majority of time the voice quality is horrible.

This also seems to be true with an iPhone 5 (ios 8) that my friend activated a few weeks ago.

Is this what I should expect with FP?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds bad! I would suggest a PRL update for faster 3G speeds, or a stronger internet speed for your home broadband as that could be what is causing bad quality. My iPhone 4 and 5 have great quality.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @marianel
    I have to agree with Ali, My iphone 4s has its moments...but a majority of the time, the call quality is great. It could be dependent on your location and the cell towers near by. When using a VOIP app for calls and text, the slightest signal deviation can cause issues. Some people live where 3 g is great and 4g is bad...and some people are just the opposite. I also notice that sometime, I can send a call to a person and it sounds great----but when that person-turns around and calls me back, the call is crackle y...But That is once in a blue moon...

Did you do a service update after you activated? The Iphone 4 and 4s...really need a service update and a network reset afterwards...

Service update is ##update# hit the call button.....Make sure you do this on the phones native dialer...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

To do a service update dial ##CLEAR# and then ##UPDATE# in the native dialer :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on the Iphone 4 or 4s..its just ##update#

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ It applies to both iPhone 5 and 4/4S. The ##CLEAR# gets rid of any Sprint settings that don't apply to FP and makes things faster.
    edited November 2014 #7
    Ali,
    on my iphone 4s to do a service update you do ##update#....than click call...

The Iphone I am using only uses Freedompop settings with the app--not the data

##clear# is not needed on the Iphone 4 or 4s

edited November 2014 #8
    @marianel

beside the ## wars.....LOL

did any of the ## work for you and did it help with your voice quality?

I am still using IOS7 too

You can do just ##873283#... that will work for all of us but the ##25327# (CLEAR) will force anything not needed off. Its recommended you do both.
    I'd just try the ##update# and see what happens...Feel free to PM me directly and we can work threw this till we figure this out