**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Fandango

Karl NicholasKarl Nicholas Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Should I be able to get SMS Text Messages from online sites like Fandango, Microsoft, etc?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now texting from numbers that are less than 10 digits (shortcode messaging) requires MMS capability which FreedomPop does not support yet. Please be patient, for the time being try using Google Voice.
  • Karl NicholasKarl Nicholas Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, Fandango asks for my phonenumber, area code included, so I am giving it 10 digits. I'm pretty sure that Fandango and things that will SMS you are using SMS, not MMS. Should giving my 10 digit phone-number to Fandango work? Thanks.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for 10 digit number 'seems' that it should be ok.

Try on another phone ( not FP ) , when they message you, is it from a ten digit number or some short number ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Karl Nicholas‌ If they text you from a non-10 digit number its MMS. If its 10 digit then you're fine.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #6
    I hope freedompop hooks us up with the capabilities for MMS or short code.....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop