**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

can't make calls w/o wifi

achiparachipar FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
I'm not able to make or receive calls without a wi-fi network present.
I was in an area without wifi to test the phone. The phone showed me I was using 4G LTE with all signal bars showing. I got the message 'Network not Available. Check your network connection and try again.'
I believe I've tried the suggested steps here on the Forums.
I went to check my account. Across the top of my accounts page it says 'Account previously cancelled. To reinstate choose new data plan.'
Any suggestions?
I have the Galaxy S3 phone.

many thanks

Comments

• @achipar‌ Has this issue been resolved since you have watched the video?
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • achiparachipar FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    @ njfulwider5 sorry for the delay--unexpected death in the family today--
    Watched the video and I tried the PRL and profile updates after the video and the situation has not changed.
    I've got good wi-fi signal but I do not get the 3G indication
    Your help is appreciated
    I'll check back tomorrow
    Many thanks again for your time and efforts
  • Steven ShumakerSteven Shumaker FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I am having the same trouble as the original poster. I have updated both the PRL and the Profile, but am still unable to make any calls or texts unless I am connected to WiFi. I am using a Samsung SIII and my phone shows that it is connected to a 4G network, but when I try to text or call I get an error saying that I need to connect to a network. I don't have any trouble when I connect to WiFi.

@njfulwider5‌