Complete Steps to a Free Activation and Basic Activation Freedompop U600 USB---(Vendor Purchase)

njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
some simple steps on a completely free account---this is using a U600, but most of them are the same....I added BYOD instruction too-But this post is mainly on Hotspots, and Modems.

ACTIVATION

For Vendor Purchases Go to

https://www.freedompop.com/activate

make sure you Enter your MEID/ESN and sometimes Mac Address-----Than Enter the Email address you want associated with this account

BYOD ACTIVATION

For BYOD Freedompop Approved Device Go To(sorry no pictures)

https://www.freedompop.com/byod

Enter Your Zip Code and the email you want associated with this account>>>>Click the Green Check Now Button>>

On the Next page Enter You Street Address>>>>>>Click the Green Check Now Button>>

On the Next Page Enter your Phone's ESN/MEID/IMEI>>> Under neath the ESN/MEID/IMEI type the characters you see in the image below>>>>>>>Click the Big Green Button Check My Device

On both the BYOD and The Std Activation Portal>>>>sometimes it will ask for your ICCID too(sim Number inside your phone)

PICK YOUR PLAN

The Next Page You Are present with Three options....One of the boxes-->there is usually a special That Freedompop has(see green Box) with the Stamp Offer Best Offer.Best Offer is usually Free For the first Month.

One of the boxes will either be a yearly Plan.....Or On a Hostpot like this one, its a 3g/4g plan

One of the boxes will have the completely free plan, with a charge for overage on data. This one say 0.02 cents a MB

No mater what the boxes say, read all three very carefully....down to the small print

In this Pic, I decided to Pick Free (see Pic)

Click the Big Green Button on the Bottom of the Screen>>>Next

SERVICES PAGE

On this page You offer one of the service That come with this particular device. On Cell Phones, its usually premier service for 9.99.
On This one, it is Freedompop Usage alerts....(This is always free for the first Month)...But I want a completely free plan, So I decided to tick the the Green words underneath the Offer. Click No Thanks Continue without Offer

ACTIVATION PAGE

This is the page you can dbl check the shopping Cart,(left side of the page), to make sure your on a completely free plan, or if you picked a payed plan, you can dbl check and make sure all your settings are there

Over on the Right Side, It ask for your Credit Card or Debit Information.....

After you enter all the correct information, click that your have read the Service agreement and click Activate

On the Cell Phones, You are taken to a page that ask you to Pick a phone number. It uses mainly zip codes or Area Codes
It will also give you instructions on how to Start the phone your using-Sometimes telling you it will send a msl reset code to your email address(sorry, I don't have any picture or a more detail explanation of this page)--->>>Anybody Feel Free to add the instruction and maybe pictures to a comment bellow.

Hotspost and modems, You are taken threw a couple of quick questions about your account....Usually having something to do with adding a service....Just click No thank you and continue to the Account page....

After you look over your account.....If Your still wanting a free plan, no extra charges>>>>>visit this page

https://www.freedompop.com/billing_settings.htm

Look to the bottom of the page and click edit On Automatic Top Up>>>>Change it from Yes to No and click Update....

After these step above your hotspot or Modem will be 100% free---->>>Phone is the same way after you get to your account page.

If somehow You missed a plan and ened up testing one of the Trial(plans or services). If you need to downgrade...visit this page(make sure you downgrade your service and Plan before your billing cycle ends, or you will be charged the full price of that Service or Plan.) to downgrade your plan, click the link bellow.

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_dataplan.htm

Looking at the plan you had----->>>>Click the little word bellow the plan(downgrade this device)...Click the little word and follow the directions---It will throw up a pop up asking if you are sure. Just click yes and it will refresh, throwing you on the free plan automatically....

If You clicked yes, or got one of the service plan(trial or accident)...go here

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm

Go here and it is the same as The plans page--->>>Click the little word bellow the service(downgrade this service)...Click the little word and follow the directions---It will throw up a pop up asking if you are sure. Just click yes and it will refresh, taking away all services....

I hope the URL posted....If they don't hopefully I put enough explanations to get you threw.

I invite any of the Pro's Or Members to Correct any info I placed here. This Post is to help anybody trying to figure out how to get free service.....Phones work the same way. But there is add info and more pages to fill out---see descriptions above.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Comments