Help.... Cannot Register LINE app

I have tried to register my FreedomPop phone number with Line app installed in the Samsung Galaxy Victory, but the LINE app responded with "Invalid Phone Number".

I am using the phone number registered with FreedomPop.

Please help....thank you.

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,298FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does LINE app use short codes for texting ?
    If so, FP is working on supporting short codes into a future upgrade.
    If not, wait until admin comes into office in morning.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeff Wey

I really have to ask>>>>when you say your using the Phone number registered with freedompop, Your talking about the phone# associated with your account online?-You have to ask-some people look at the numbers(native to the phone)....

It says this when installing this app..
    The app may not install properly if your network connection is unstable or if your device does not have enough storage space.

Please check the strength of your connection and the amount of free storage space you have and try again.
    Did you have a chance to check both before you try and install?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like what Rich said, Line requires MMS verification which we don't have support for yet, hopefully FreedomPop will make the upgrade!
  • Jeffrey WeyJeffrey Wey Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have tried both numbers to register LINE - 1) number native to the phone, 2) phone number selected when I purchase FreedomPop.

Both number came back same "Invalid Phone Number" from Line.

Do you have an estimate time when an upgrade will make the LINE app work?

Thank you.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeff Wey
    Can you PM me a screen shot of the Invalid phone number message.....

Have you tried adding a 1 before the number

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,298FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    The native number you refer to will not work for any apps. So ignore that one. It's used by FP to communicate with their Sprint access for your account.
    The number you picked is the correct number. Those are the digits to use. Read up on your LINE app on how the number is to be input. Use 1 before the 10 digits, or use dashes, or use () & -, just digits, etc. It must be very fussy.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I just talked to somebody that has line app, They claim that the app is not compatible with VOIP apps....But I can't find anything online to support his claim???

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ I tried getting Line to work on my bro's S2 and it was a no go. Looks like it won't work since FreedomPop and most other VoIP providers use bandwidth.net which appears to not be allowed on Line due to spamming reasons.
    I used the phone number that I picked and have tried to use many different combination of inputs for the phone number (use dashes, or use () & -...etc), I still get the same "Invalid Phone Number" message.

Looks like LINE app is no-go for the Freedompop :-(
    @njfulwider5‌

Attached file is the screen shot of the error message:
    edited December 2014 #12

I just talked to somebody that has line app, They claim that the app is not compatible with VOIP apps....But I can't find anything online to support his claim???

Thanks for the picture, But I think I sent the reply after you sent the pictures(sorry)...

Line App Is not Compatible with VOIP apps, Sorry

Thanks for the Confirmation ALI

• chmexdf5633chmexdf5633 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Sign in to line using your facebook account, then link your email to the line app. It worked for me :)
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #14
    @Jeff Wey
    In case you missed it, see note above from chmexdf5633‌.
    Does that work for you?
    I've followed @chmexdf5633 suggestion and sign-in LINE using Facebook account, it allowed me to create an LINE account on the phone. So the LINE app installed on my Samsung Galaxy Victory phone and works fine (I can send/receive message and make calls & video chat).

However, the problem still persists when I try to register the Freedompop phone number with LINE (phone number selected when I purchase FreedomPop). I again tried with many combination of inputs for the phone number (use dashes, or use () & -...etc), I still get the same "Invalid Phone Number" message.

Given the popularity of LINE app, I searched the forum and there are almost no complaint from others about this. So I think this is unique to my case.

If anyone has a solution and can help, please let me know.

Thank you.
    Jeff
  • chmexdf5633chmexdf5633 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jeff Wey , I also had the same problem with linking line app to my phone #, and thats the only workaround to making it work... is there any advantage to linking it to your phone number?
    Well, with my previous phones (Sprint and T-Mobile), I had no problem register LINE with their phone numbers. Registering the phone number with LINE allows my contacts to get updated with my new phone numbers.

If certain Apps are not going to work as expected, Freedompop should disclose this before buyers purchase their product.