**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

costs per gb if i go over limit?

weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
hi, am considering starting home broadband service. i'm presently using about 15gb a month with clear 4g. can you tell me what that might cost me with fp? thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you subscribe to premier you can get a lay as you go boost and potentially save 50% per mb on overages.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    yeah, i figured it would be something i couldn't afford. ok, i have clear also, do you know what happens when wimax goes? thanks for doing the math, i thought the 10gb was like $22 though?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker
    If I had to guess, We'll all drop to a free 3g service(3g on most device will still be A-OK.....)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

1st of all, thanks to all answerers!
    @njfulwider5 yes, been a while :) doing pretty good with the evo, thank you very much. this is for my home computer, visitors & phone when i'm home, so that's why it runs up so much. wouldn't a free 3g be like 500mb?
    @ali thanks, that's what i thought, $21.99. so it would be .01 per mb then? which would make it $10 a gb? which would make an extra 5 gigs $50, + the 21.99 which would be a total of $71.99? believe me i'm no math whiz, so i'm hoping i **** up somewhere, let me know what you think the 10gb + an extra 5 would end up costing me? this gets soooo confusing! thanks, liz
    @njfulwider5 well, the 21.99 is great, but 71.99 not so much. my clear is 50 a month, unlimited, just wondering what is going to happen after wimax goes. so like i said, i'm hoping i'm mistaken, thanks for posting that chart. just recalculated, it ends up being $7 per gb, so that'd be 56.99 not 71.99. better, doable if nec. see what happenswith clear.
    thinking a 20 or 25gb plan for like $35 wouldn't be a bad thing...maybe unltd for $40? just a thought...
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker
    I have a hub coming and a few other hotspots I don't have yet(for testing purposes)...Not sure if I'd get a big GB deal like that. My comcast cost me 60$ and we still have unlimited data in Seattle. With the way my family uses the net, we run threw a 50gb plan in about 2 days....

They still claim that the average family of 3 only uses 21gb a month......(But I really think they should up date that one).....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 well, i'd love to hear your opinion on how they work. i probably won't do anything till next year, after wimax demise. thinking clear really isn't that fast anyway,may be worth switching to fp if they have a plan that'd be worth it for me. 21gb, let's see, we(2)use 15 & do almost no streaming. oh, i did go for an s3 from best buy on black friday, for $79 i figured what the heck :) you got any of those so i can hock you with questions? hahaha.
    @Elizabeth Merker
    I sure will...I wish I would have see one of the S3.....

yeah, me too :( have fun with the testing!
    @Elizabeth Merker
    I got the hub....It just looks so good, I have not activated it yet---I can't believe the size--The pictures makes these look so much bigger....

what did you find out about the plans?

did you get my message on the S3?

glad it's good looking :) didn't really find anything much about the plans though. just that it would cost me at least a little more than clear for the amount of data i use, it'd probably be better for me to wait & see if they come out with a plan that allows more data at a better price. but i look forward to hearing about the hub for future reference.
    above was @njfulwider5
    @Elizabeth Merker‌ If you're going to get the hub I recommend the black version... I have it and its so sleek :)

I think there is a way you can compress your data usage by VPN so you end up saving more ;)
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly watch Youtube with data. Compression will not help reduce video data. It is already compressed.
    @djinks‌ I would say the only way for video to not eat your data is quality.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're trying to save bytes, watching you-tube is wrong thing to do. Compressed or not compressed. So if one avoids moving pictures, goes text browsing and uses compression,THEN a lot of bytes are 'saved'.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ #nojavascript
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th ) true that!