**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No 1st login email-locked out, no 4G access, 3G OK but stuck

cozmocozmo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
Looks like I need an admin to send a first login email, or reset password, tried "reset password" many times, email never arrives, not lost in spam, email account does work. This looks like a great service if you can access it, I understand tech issues a little so I sympathize with the difficulties everyone is having, and thanks for the support by members who are posting here to solve everyones issuse, it is appreciated! I already learned a lot by reading lots of posts and replies...
I never got the 1st email to login so I can't access my account or make any changes to get the Mifi4082 3G/4G hotspot working, I never got the shipping info email, but it arrived after 2 weeks. I sent 5 emails to support and got 1auto reply on the second, so I am trying the forums... understandable that support is swamped and probably way understaffed with this free/low cost service and it seems to be the only real issue with most posts on other forums/articles also, where people just give up and cancel, but it will probably get better over time as the company grows, I hope!
I set up the device and accessed admin page at http://mifi.mlp , got 2 part error message; "3G is not enabled on device", and "you do not have 3G enabled on your plan"...
Read about updating the 3G on the forum by going to WWAN tab, click 3G, go to bottom and expand last tab to see PRL update and profile update...
looks like I only have 3G here, no 4G, could not get either update started probably since it would not allow it to connect, read more similar posts about going to a 4g area to perform update, or use other internet access, tried a few time but no info available on how to use other access with device...
Read another thread where user said he had to buy $3.99 "access" to 3G and it worked fine, sounds like what I will have to do, not sure, was hoping the "free" service would be free if I stayed under 500 meg.
Strange that I have a 3G connection showing it is connected but no internet access, used about 3 meg first try, up to 10 meg after 2nd try to get online, maybe from messung with admin page and update attempts, seems to burn data with no usage so far, might be the cute weater/search aps trying to load, disabled them, hoping to be able to access account soon and login to see profile settings.
Any help is appreciated, will private message an admin with account details when I am contacted.
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have NO 4G service in your area but, have 3G, then you need the 500 MB Pro plan. For $3.99 / month. Plus you can add 10+ of us here as friends and gain 500 MB more monthly. Getting 1,000 MB monthly can help dull the financial pain a triffle.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @cozmo
    To contact forum admins: lolabee, JasmineS, "Jorge M", Javonni_Freedompop
    Just put an @-sign in front of their name and then add your message.
    They will be notified that they were mentioned in this thread.

Alternatively, if you want to send a private message, click on
    inbox at the top of the page, then click on New Message and
    enter their user name for the recipient, complete the body text and send.
    When sending a private message to an admin, include your account email address.

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #4
    I on password issue, I both a phone one time and had my email type wrong on it, when I contact support on the phone and got the email type-o problem fix, I ask for my password sent I never got the email. The guy say just use the default password "freedompop". It work, so try it. You have to go to settings to change it under > My Account > Settings.

Yes, if you on the free plan, it is 4g only. To get the 3g/4g service is to get the pay plan. 3.99 is the lowest plan plan to get on.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • cozmocozmo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    OK it is working now - Thanks! ...admin contacted me with reset password so I could login and upgrade to the $3.99 3G/4G 500 meg plan, then I started mifi4082, shows 3G connection but still had no web access, tried to do the PRL/Profile updates by going to http://mifi.mlp , login, go to WWAN tab, click 3G, went to bottom and expanded "Service Updates" tab to see PRL update and profile update... PRL would not update but "Update Profile" did update pretty quickly, after a few minutes I got web pages to load and it works.
    Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated!