Some Texts Not Sending

Frequently, it appears as if my text messages will not send, as there is a continuously circling circle underneath the text. According to the people to which I'm trying to send the message, they receive it approximately 50% of the time. Sometimes, if I restart my phone and send the message again, the circle will go away. The problem happens both on and off Wi-Fi.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carolyn Warner‌ when you got your phone did you happen to update the profile and PRL? Sometime updating the profile can fix allot of the wifi issues.(PRL is for 3g, but if you doing Profile, wouldn't hurt to do it too...

Hope this helps....

At the native dialer, try ##update# and click call....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SMS thing isn't 100% reliable yet as bugs and kinks are being worked out by development. We appreciate your patience, in the meantime try what njfulwider5 said and if you are up and running, great!
  • @Carolyn Warner

Were you able to get this issue resolving by updating the PRL/Profile? Also you can try deleting the FreedomPop Messaging app and then reinstall.
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Jill  SladeJill Slade Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @ "Javonni_Freedompop"

I am having a related, but sort of not, problem. I was sending and receiving some texts when the messaging app informed me it couldn't connect regardless of number of tries. Got the spinny circle and all. I did the following things restarting at the appropriate times...Update firmware: no update available; Update profile: done; Update PRL: done; Update Samsung system: done.
    Then after reading this I tried to uninstall, restart, and re-install the messaging app. It's worth noting that at least on this Galaxy 3 the app can only have "updates" uninstalled, it appears that the app as a whole cannot be uninstalled.
    Anyway, this also did not work.
    Lastly I did the "uninstall updates," restarted, and did not re-install the updates and so far so good. I did lose all my messaging data, but at least it seems to be working again.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello did any of you 2 try to go to the settings---find applications....find application management>>>>>find freedompop messaging>>>Force stop--Than Clear Cache,,,,(not clear data). Go back to the app and log in.

Test your phone

---->>>if that don't work do the same thing to the Play store app -->>the force stop clear cache--log back in....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @Carolyn Warner

Just wanted to follow-up to see if you got the issue resolved?
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Beth BingamanBeth Bingaman Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I had this same problem and went into Play Store...Searched Freedompop for message app and did a update. I then went into the Messaging App/settings/Update Freedompop setting/Update. Also did a Refresh Activation Data. It is now working.