**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 4082 essentially unusable

New user of your MiFi. on bus from Seattle to Redmond, get stable blue light often, but both Kindle Fire and iPad Air get very unstable connections:
Like this, .when trying to be continuously connected.
Dec 4, 2014 6:35 PM Plan Usage 7 MB
Dec 4, 2014 6:17 PM Plan Usage 4 MB
Dec 4, 2014 6:13 PM Plan Usage 8 MB

The iPad spends most of its time trying to reconnect, and it's basically a surprise when there is a connection. Have only changed the SSID and password. Is there some other settings that could make this usable? Also, is there a link to the hardware manual (not the web management interface manual which is the only link I could find in your help discussions.)
I saw a comment about how the device is not good when moving. hey it's for MOBILE!
Thanks...

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pacos44‌
    I just got a Mifi..(have not activated yet)...But, from experience here in Seattle(I live around south Seattle). You need the 3g plan....Are you on the free plan? The free plan is 4g only...

4g around Seattle is really iffy....

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot,,,make sure you use data when looking...

You can Pm me if you feel communication would be quicker..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @pacos44‌

Try doing a PRL/Profile Update. Details are below. But the 4G coverage in Seattle is spotty like @njfulwider5‌ said previously.

How do I update the 3G Profile and PRL on my MiFi 4G/3G?

We're sorry to hear that your 3G network connection has failed. To fix this issue, please try the following. You will need to be in a 4G coverage area or have another source of internet to complete these steps:

1. Connect to your hotspot to a computer via WiFi
    --If you are not able to connect via Wifi, attach your MiFi device to a computer using a USB cable
    2. Enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar your browser
    3. Enter in the admin password, "admin"
    4. Navigate to the WWAN tab
    5. Click 3G in the WWAN menu
    6. Scroll down and click the '+' icon next to Service Updates
    6. Under Service Updates, choose "Update PRL", after it successfully completes then "Update profile". Both must complete. If one fails, please try again.
    7. Wait several minutes
    8. Turn device off and on again
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 192.168.1.1 isn't reachable, try going to http://mifi.mlp
  • pacos44pacos44 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks for the comments! happy to report that I had very stable connection on Main st. in the IntlDistrict for a good lunch session. So I'd change the subject to something milder if I could. I think it was flashing blue most of the time. Dec 5, 2014 12:30 PM Plan Usage 12 MB
    Dec 5, 2014 12:00 PM Plan Usage 26 MB

Does UpdatePRL mean set the device so that it has a better PreferredRoamingList for your current geography? or is that just to enable 3G? I'm planning to stay on the free plan when my 2GB trial is up, so I'm probably not that interested in 3G if it's not on the free plan. any ideas about a hardware manual? in addition to light codes green/blue, on the screen bottom there are little squares that start with one on and then gradually grow in number...
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pacos44‌ Basically Green is 3G, Blue is 4G. The faster its blinking, the faster theres data transfer. The PRL update makes 3G preferred lists updated so you connect faster. Good luck :)

• pacos44pacos44 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 thanks I was confused because the user guide title says browser interface. As for the 5 dots indicating number of connected devices, with my ipad air lots of time is spent connecting to the mifi with very little data actually exchanged. the ipad is the only device connecting. eventually, on moving bus, there are 5 dots (all connections perceived by the mifi as different devices?? ) and the air starts asking for the password again. ... and again ... so even when there's a blue light there are big problems getting service. I'm back to "basically unusable"
  • Rachel PetermanRachel Peterman Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    I clicked on the link to purchase a MIFI for $29 but it doesn't say if there is free monthly data. I see that they sign you up for a premier service trial, but if I cancel that, would there still be free monthly data, or would it not work at all? Would I be able to connect with friends and get 500mb/mo in addition, as I do with the phone service? Thanks guys
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @Rachel Peterman‌ ,
    You can downgrade on your last day or two of your cycle.
    Then you'll have 500 MB, 200 min, 500 texts free each month. Plus add 10+ FP friends for 500 MB more monthly.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Rachel Peterman

Downgrading plan --------------------------
    To downgrade the plan yourself.
    1. Log into your account and go here: http://www.freedompop.com/acct_dataplan.htm
    2. Under your plan (data or voice), click on Detail and Plan Management.
    3. Click on the link (in very tiny letters below the plan "To downgrade your plan, click here"
    4. Navigate a few prompts trying to get you to reconsider.
    5. Go back to the plan page and confirm it is downgraded.

Note: If you have used more than 500MB of data, down grading to the free plan may cause an overage for the billing cycle. In that case, wait until the last day of the billing cycle. --- @Ali‌ Will that work?
    Good Job Djinks!!!!!!!!!!! :D

@Rachel Peterman

If you have any issues downgrading...just make sure you leave a window of 3 or 4 days before the end of the trial....just encase you have to bring in the admins...