Data concerns

I just received my new Samsung Galaxy Victory on the Basic Plan. How can I be sure I do not go over my allotment of 200 minutes and 500MBs? Does the voice/data just stop? Do I get charged if I go over?

I only want cellular when I am w/o Wifi. My settings include Data Usage with Mobile Data checked and Limited Mobile Data Usage checked. Under Roaming Guard all options are checked - voice, date, etc.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, please go to Billing -> Billing Settings and turn auto top up to off. You won't be able to go over your limit and you will stay free :)
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Randolph McKinney

In your account, go to billing setting and turn off Top-up. It should prevent most problems. When you get within 100MB of using all your data, data (and voice and text) will stop working.

Because of the delay in Sprint reporting usage to FreedomPop (usually around 3 hours), you may go over and be charged a bit. I once went over about 179 MB and my data was not reported for 12 hours, so I wound up with a $1.99 charge.

See these tips for maximizing your free data:
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5422/tips-tricks-of-the-freedom-friends-get-an-exrta-500-mb-a-month-the-limitation-of-gifting
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Randolph McKinney
    one major thing we are all missing-->>make sure in the play store you have it set to only update over wifi--->>if not, this can kill your data real quick.....

tick play store app>>>arrow in the top corner pointing left>>>tick that>>>look for 3 horizontal line in the left corner>>>tick it>>>click settings>>>than auto update>>>tick auto-update apps over WiFi only. Now to save on
    battery>>>un-check notifications while in settings.....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

To add to what has already been mentioned, if you have account credit you are able to have your overages go through that in case you go PAYG, and your account won't suspend if you're within 100MB.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Randolph McKinney

there ya go....tons of answers to your problem....hit us up and let us know

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Let us know what happens!
    Yes please lets us know what happens