OG Calls Fail: "The Number or Code..Incorrect""Message 7, Switch 386" IC,VM Also Fails

I got my phone around the 25th of Nov. My phone seemed to work fine for a day or two for OG calls, IC calls, and voicemail. Then it started failing on OG calls more often then not: IC calls started going to VM.
Now IC calls sometimes go to VM, sometimes kicked with "...number disconnected" or similar. I haven't been able to make OG calls or receive IC calls for at least 5 days now.

Message for OG calls is "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect. Please check the number or code and try again (repeat in Spanish). Message 7: Switch 386."

The message has always been the same AFAIR.

Please advise. Let me know if you need MEID or other data to help.

-Jeff

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    mysterylectricity
    have you tried a profile update/ and maybe a PRL too?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ @mysterylectricity‌ This error is caused because the calls you're making is actually going through native Sprint's 1xRTT instead of SIP that FreedomPop uses. Please reinstall the messaging app and set it to force integrate calling and texting in the settings, and make sure allow over cellular is checked.

Also, the Error you're getting indicates what tower ID you're connected to and what switch you're using, and message 7 is there a lot and indicates you're on Sprint and not our network.

Good luck!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali
    I was going to get to each troubleshooting idea one at a time....but thanks

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ This isn't really a matter of troubleshooting or not... It's confirmed what the issue is, and we don't have to troubleshoot since we know how to fix it ;)

There were a few threads back on this... It turns out it's Sprint's 1xRTT going instead of FP... Force integration always worked.
  • mysterylectricitymysterylectricity Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi! Thank you so much for the timely response. Could you please give me details as to how to reinstall the messaging app, and where to find the options. I can't find the options you mention on the currently installed version.
    edited December 2014 #7
    @mysterylectricity‌ Its really easy, go to Google Play, and type in FreedomPop Messaging. Then press uninstall, and then when its done press install again. Good luck :smiley:
    Hmmm, well I was offered the opportunity to update FP Messaging from Google Play, but then only to uninstall updates. So it seems I'm not allowed to fully uninstall/reinstall it?

In any case, I can't figure out how to expose the controls/options you mention.

On the bright side, after updating, now the original error message is gone. Now I get error messages from FP indicating "only" a billing problem.
    edited December 2014 #9
    @mysterylectricity‌
    I am back....took the day away....so 1xRTT, I use this all the time with no issues..

look at your account and make sure you have more than 100mbs and auto top up enabled(if it disabled-You account will suspend) only enable if you want to be charged overages-after 100mbs....

let me know

you can't uninstall the app when your using Freedompop Rom

Eh, my temporary debit card expired. I used a new card to add $10 credit to my account some days ago, and it seemed to retain the new CC info in my settings,
    but it didn't quite "take". Re-entering the new CC info seemed to work, about an hour later service was restored without further intervention.

Just to round out this thread, I'm still curious as to how to expose the controls:

"force integrate calling and texting in the settings, and make sure allow over cellular is checked."
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

"force integrate calling and texting in the settings, and make sure allow over cellular is checked."

I think these are in the Messaging app:
    Menu->Settings->Easy Configuration->
    Integrate with Android
    Mobile Data Availability - I'm allowed to use mobile
    @mysterylectricity‌
    how to expose the controls

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left or 3 horizontal blue bars) touch the arrow or bars

a pop up from the side will show

scroll down to (settings) touch settings

You're also able to use the menu buttons from my experience

@mysterylectricity‌
    how to expose the controls

in the freedompop message app...look at the top left hand side(messaging with a bluebox and a arrow point left or 3 horizontal blue bars) touch the arrow or bars

a pop up from the side will show

scroll down to (settings) touch settings

if you want to use expert mode...after you in the settings..on your phone--click menu..should throw a pop up asking if you want to use expert mode...hit me up if you need further instructions

Ah. I did find those settings before but couldn't find them after updating. I suspect the dedicated menu button brought up the menu in the older version: it doesn't do in mine.

So to sum here's what I've learned.

1. It's all about the unassuming Messaging app, light blue speech bubble against dark blue background icon.

2. I couldn't uninstall the Messaging app. However, updating via Play Store to version 15.06.145.1205 seemed to solve my problem. In fact, I updated, uninstalled the update, and re-applied it: but this is probably not necessary.

3. To update Messaging, search Play Store for Freedompop Messaging. Select it and select Update.

4. That was sufficient to solve my problem. If you still have problems:

5. Note that different versions of the Messaging app may have have slightly different controls or means of exposing them. For above version:

6. Open the Messaging app by tapping its icon. Expose the menu by tapping the onscreen icon in the upper left hand corner consisting of three bars. The menu will have useful usage and account information.

7. Select Settings.

8. (optional) If desired, select expert mode by hitting the dedicated menu key and selecting it. This wasn't necessary for me.

9. From the Settings menu, select "Easy configuration". Ensure "Integrate with Android" and "I'm allowed to use mobile" are checked.

I also learned: you may be able to solve mysterious billing issues resulting in calls being diverted to a FP announcement about an "existing issue" by re-entering your credit card information on FP's web site, even if the information appears correct. Even if you have a positive credit balance with FP, bad CC information can result in call diversion. Once done, my service was restored in an hour or two automagically.

Thank you for all the assistance!

@mysterylectricity‌
    The other app for freedompop-that you seen, is for people wanting to try out the product..and to only use on devices that use wifi only....if you try to use on your phone-You'd get a pop telling you---please download the correct app(something like that)....

check out this post I created last night......

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6260/freedompop-app-identification-android-apple-12-10-2014#latest

shows each app and lets you know where to use them.....

@mysterylectricity‌ Glad you're up and running now, let me know if you need any more help!
    @mysterylectricity‌

did it refresh after you entered the card?

• Stephanie WilsonStephanie Wilson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    trying. got to the point where i open settings. do not see an easy config option. do not see advanced menu options. also, was not able to uninstall the app either. I have an s3 i bought from fp. have been managing with just gv but really want to use the phone in none wifi areas - to use the phone as a phone.