**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 4082 won't connect to 4G

I recently received my MiFi 4082 to give Freedompop a try. I'm on the free plan, so I should only have access to 4G. For the first few days, the device would connect to and work fine on 3G networks in Ohio and Kentucky as evidenced by the green light. Starting a few days ago, I get the message that my account won't work on 3G because it's a free account. The real problem is that the device won't connect to 4G. I've driven all over the Dayton and Cincinnati metro areas which should have 4G coverage. The device will only connect to 3G (green light), not to 4G (blue light). Any suggestions?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes connecting to the 4G wimax signal can be temperamental. You could try to force the device to connect to the 4g signal by logging into the Mifi and selecting the 4G wimax only option. When I checked the Sprint coverage map for Dayton it is not showing any 4G Wimax. There is 4G wimax in Cincinnati so you should be able to connect there. Have you looked at any of the 4G LTE devices? Sprint 4G LTE covers a lot more areas compared to the Wimax.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend the MiFi 500 LTE if you are interested in taking a look at one of them. If you swap your device, you can get $50 credit towards an 803S or the 500 LTE.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out this post....

I bombarded this guy with tips and tricks

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5670/how-do-i-know-if-the-device-is-activated/p1

check the part about updating profile and PRL

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Nicholas DimmickNicholas Dimmick Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hmm, I guess I was tricked when I purchased the MiFi 4082. I was under the impression it was an LTE device. This is pretty disappointing.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Nicholas Dimmick

Talk to Customer Service about an RMA or swap. To contact Customer Service:
    Numbers------Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT.
    (888) 915-2647
    (888) 743-8107
    (855) 703-5785
    (888) 673-8518
    (888) 731-1555
    (888) 701-1353
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nicholas Dimmick

I didn't see anywhere where you said RMA? is this Your plan? depending on how much you purchased this for, you might be able to use this to your advantage. Talk to a admin on the forum and see what you can do about swapping it for a LTE device...

Try a admin here first....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Nancy FergusonNancy Ferguson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I did not know the 4082 was wimax. I want an LTE device for the free plan. What do I do?
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #9
    @Nancy Ferguson If you purchased your 4082 from Freedompop and are within your 30 day trial period you can return the device for a refund.

Currently there are two LTE hotspots the MiFi 500 and 803s. I have both units and am satisfied with them. There are others on the forum that say the Mifi 500 is better than the 803s. Check out newegg.com and groupon.com Both of these places have the hotspots on sale.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition @Nancy Ferguson‌ If you are outside of your 30 day window you can trade in your device for a better hotspot at a $50 discount.

@Nicholas Dimmick

I didn't see anywhere where you said RMA? is this Your plan? depending on how much you purchased this for, you might be able to use this to your advantage. Talk to a admin on the forum and see what you can do about swapping it for a LTE device...

Try a admin here first....

as i mentioned....if you want and your outside of the warranty date on the device, you can use this as a trade in on a lte device....your going to need it for the credit--the device we have right now run at>>>>>

Freedom Spot MiFi 500 LTE---139$

Freedompop LTE hotspot 803s (refurb) ----49-60$