**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop App Identification: Android & Apple

njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Apps #1

FreedomPop Messaging Phone/Sim:

• The messaging app is exclusively configured to work with your FreedomPop Phone/Tablet and comes preinstalled when purchasing directly from FreedomPop and our partner retailers. BYOD devices activated with FreedomPop will also need this App in order to take advantage of our service.

MyFreedomPop:

• MyFreedomPop allows you to manage your FreedomPop account from your Android-based smart phone or tablet.
    With this application, you’ll be able to easily and securely manage account functions including: View wireless data usage, Trouble logging in?, Reset your password, Change wireless data plan, Review wireless data plan details, Add or remove services, Review service details, View data earned free, and earn more, View FAQs for wireless data billing, usage, and features

FreedomPop OTT Calls and Text:

• Provides free voice and free text and allows a free local US phone number to chat, make free phone calls and send free text messages. Voice calling, text messaging and sms works great over Wi-Fi and over your existing 4G/3G network on any smart phone and tablet. Turn your tablet into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free sms and chat with your friend anywhere!

FreedomPop Voicemail:

• For use with both FreedomPop Phone (Messaging App) and Free Call and Texts App.

FreedomPop Diagnostic:

• FreedomPop’s Diagnostic App provides a unifying user interface that simplifies and quickens the process of gathering information and testing the functionality of a FreedomPop Device. It’s designed to be a companion when resolving any issues with our tech support during call or via email.

*Check out our FreedomPop 101 guide for more information.

FreedomPop Private Internet:

• FreedomPop Private Internet is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) which enables anonymous and encrypted internet access for your Laptops, iOS devices, and/or Android devices. Utilizing bank-level 128-bit encryption, it protects your privacy from eavesdroppers and online marketers. So no matter which devices you use to bank, shop, surf or chat online, you know you're always safe.

FreedomPop National WiFi:

• FreedomPop Wifi is the Wifi management app that allows you to find and connect to millions (and counting!) of high-quality, reputable high-speed Wifi hotspots around the country!

Basic FreedomPop Messaging Tips and Tricks:

FreedomPop Messaging Tips:

• Update the Messaging App: Make sure you have The FreedomPop Messaging app update to most recent. Please open up the Play Store and in the Search Bar, enter FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING. Open up the page and download or update the app.

Note: Make sure to restart the phone after you update the app.
  • Sync Account Data: Open the app and find the 3 horizontal Bars, top left side of the app and Tap. A pop out from the left side of the screen will show, with all account info. Make sure everything is correct. Next, Scroll down to “Sync account Data” and Tap. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the FreedomPop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make FreedomPop the default. Make sure to press yes.
  • Force Stop and a Clear Cache: Will give any FreedomPop app a Fresh Start. Open up settings on your phone and scroll down. Find Apps and open. Look for the FreedomPop Messaging app (white and blue icon that says Messaging) and open. Click Force Stop and then Clear Cache. (Not Clear Data). Once you click Force Stop, you will get a pop up (if you force stop in may misbehave). Just click OK.

Note: Make sure not to click, Clear Data that will erase all your text messages.

Note: On Samsung Phones after you click Settings, Find the “More or 4th tab over”, top right corner and than Scroll down to find “Application/Application Management” .
  • Profile and PRL Update: On your phone open up "Setting", Scroll down till you see "System Update". Open and click "Update Profile". Wait for the phone to update. The phone might restart. Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "System Update" and open. Find "Update PRL". Wait for the phone to update. The phone might restart. This is a must when you have any type of connection issues.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a Good Sprint Signal to. I like to do mine outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.

Note: On Samsung Phones after you click Settings, Find the “More or 4th tab over”, top right corner and than Scroll down to find “Application/Application Management” .

Note: Some Androids, you will find System Update in ("About Setting").

Note: Users with a GSM Phone or Sim, UK/ES/US/MX, will not find the Update Profile and PRL Settings. It is recommended to make sure the phone is Updated Only in System Updates.

FreedomPop Apps currently compatible for iOS devices:

FreedomPop Free Voice and Text:

• Turn your iPad, iPad Mini and any iOS device into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free sms and chat with your friend anywhere.

My FreedomPop Mobile:

• My FreedomPop Mobile allows you to manage your FreedomPop account from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad devices..

Basic FreedomPop Free Voice and Text, Tips and Tricks:

FreedomPop Free Voice and Text Tips:

• Log Out & Log In: Open the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app. Tap the "gear" on the top left-hand corner. Scroll down to Log out and Tap. Than you would do a “Soft Reset”. From the home screen, press and hold the “Home key”. While holding the “Home key”, press and hold the “Power key”. Release both keys when the” Apple logo” appears. After the Iphone boots back up, open the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app and Log in.

Note: A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
  • Reset Network Settings: From the home screen, tap “Settings”. Scroll down to, and then tap “General”. Scroll down to, and then tap “Reset”. Tap “Reset Network Settings”. Tap “Reset Network Settings” to confirm.

Note: If a security code is enabled, this will need to be entered after you tap ““Reset Network Settings”.

Note: You will need to log back into your home WiFi network or Hotspot when the reset is completed.
  • Service Update(Profile/PRL): From the home screen, tap Native “Phone" Icon. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the “Call” button. Tap “OK”, the Update will begin. Once Completed, Tap “OK”.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a Good Sprint Signal to. For the best results, Do update outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.
  • “Uninstall” - “Reinstall”: On the Home screen, tap and hold on to the “FreedomPop Free Voice and Text” icon. When the icons start to wiggle, tap the “X” in the corner of the application to uninstall. Tap “Delete”. Then do a “Soft Reset”. From the home screen, press and hold the “Home key”. While holding the “Home key”, press and hold the “Power key”. Release both keys when the “Apple logo” appears. Once the phone has booted back up, open up the “Apple Store” and reinstall the “FreedomPop Free Voice and Text” App. From the home screen, tap “App Store”. Tap “Search”. Tap the “Search bar”, and then enter “FreedomPop Free Voice and Text”. Once finished, tap “Search”. Tap the app "FreedomPop Free Voice and Text". Tap “GET” or the “little cloud”. Tap “INSTALL” if prompted.

Note: If prompted, enter the password for your Apple ID, and then tap OK.

Note: Ensure you have signed in to your Apple ID.

Note: Uninstalling the app, if you have saved Text Messages, this will possibly delete them.

FreedomPop Apps currently In Beta(Unreleased):

FreedomPop OTA Updater "Android only":

• OTA Updater allows FreedomPop user to update ROMs automatically.

*Please feel free to comment below with any questions or concerns about the featured apps within this post.*

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #2
    Woo Hoo! Now that clears it up very well !
    The pictures really make it plainly clear which is which.

Note: the Android Freedompop Free Voice and Text can also be installed in other companies cell phones to try out FP or just to get some free pone time. It will cost you data for every call & text. You may want to restrict this to wifi only.

Edit: Freedompop without an 'r' is rendered ****. Strange.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank Rich.... :)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good tutorial people can refer to. Good job lol.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ali!!!! :D

• djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    We need a mod/admin to make this a sticky. Do we have that ability in this forum?
    @djinks‌
    This was already added to the announcements..kinda close to a sticky :)

• Rick MulloyRick Mulloy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Excellent njfulwider5! a VERY good job. Especially the pictures.
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
  • Rick MulloyRick Mulloy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Question I have a Galaxy Victory on Regular Sprint service for work. If I put the FP App on it will it **** up the functioning of the regular service. It is one of my work phones. It cannot **** up my phone's functioning in any way! Or "Grab" the system in the phone for its use.
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FreedomPop Free Voice &Text app should not bother anything else. It will use data though. Gives you free 200 min & 500 texts. Wifi data usage no prob usually. It's the 3/4G access data that your employer may protest if they are the bill payer.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ Is right, you can use Free Voice & Text over the carrier data off the 3g/4g network the same way it use the data off the WiFi. This is the case because the VoIP app is stand alone app. Meaning it not attach to the android and not attach to the freedompop server, just use it. Tested it out and it does work.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    Hey guys....the apple product use the free voice and text app---with data and without

• mwalsh5757mwalsh5757 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    So I notice that the OTT Free Voice and Text app for Android includes verbiage about "free calls to anyone in the US and anyone in the World". Is that true? Because it's certainly not true for the OTT iPhone app (yet).
    @mwalsh5757‌
    update you app...they just added this feature...

Yeah. Works the same way as the iOS app...in that it doesn't. So either it's not supported for OTT customers or there is something wrong with my account.

So, is ANYONE who ONLY uses the Free Phone and Text app on either an iPhone or Android phone on an OTT basis (that is on a non-Freedompop device) via WiFi able to make International calls?
    @jorge M @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌
    can you guys please take a peek at Mwalsh5757's account....I thought we all ad the international plans available?

@mwalsh5757‌ Unfortunately you are not able to make calls internationally if you are subscribed to OTT service only and you don't have a legit FP phone with a plan. Sorry

can you guys please take a peek at Mwalsh5757's account....I thought we all ad the international plans available?

sorry I though we was good to go--figure if you paid for service you could use it?

Have a Happy Holiday!!!! :)

@njfulwider5‌ You can not have a paid plan on a phone OTT account

sorry I though we was good to go--figure if you paid for service you could use it?

they should allow it--would make allot more money....

@Jorge M.

@jorge m they have the option to purchase international?

what about the hostpot owners that use it with there no BYOD phones...

looking for a admins answer please

Tried that too...didn't work for me.

Tried that too...didn't work for me.

Thats to bad....maybe one of these days they'll support it

• WD80 Cleaner M.A.II LopezWD80 Cleaner M.A.II Lopez FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 17
    Over all though a very good presentation Njfulwider5
  • Timothy HuangTimothy Huang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I'm not getting incoming calls or texts from my brand new FreedomPop ZTE Force, but I can make outgoing calls and texts. I've tried re-setting and re-activating the phone, but problem persists. I would like to install a newer version of the messaging app in your first graphics above to a newer version (my current one is 15.06.45.1028). Please explain precisely how to do this to me, since I'm a newbie with Android phones. Thank you.