Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jahoog‌ FreedomPop has supported these models in the past however there is an issue right now with development and Sprint MVNO Support which is blocking these phones from activating. Only 16GB models are up right now, 32GB and 64GB are temporarily not able to be activated.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jahoog
    we'll have to ask one of the admins or maybe call customer service to see if its a possibility....its kinda weird how it works....one day they might just show up put of no where a brand new list

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

BYOD Supports ONLY 16gb Apple Devices below

BYOD Apple Devices ONLY Supports 16gb---NO 8gb/32gb/64gb

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad Mini w/ Retina display (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

URL : http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Please be advised!!!!

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

Thanks for reading My Post

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell when one can order 1,000 refurbbed 16 gig iPhone 4s easy peasy. But they all run and hide if you wanted to order two dozen 64gig iPhone 4s.
    So when the refurb market can offer a pallet full of 64 gig iPhones, then, FP might think of jumping into a 64 gig device.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Jeff HixJeff Hix Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I would appreciate it IF along with the BYOD list, FP mentions the ACTIVATION FEES.
    It was not mentioned that I saw. IF I had known, I probably would be more careful in phone selection. I wanted to test the phone first before giving it to him. Reading the forum postings, I am unsure if I want to do that.
    One by doing so, I read that as requiring two activation fees.
    Two, I read it a problem changing responsibility for any charges from me to him and getting me totally off the account.

Any comments from others who have done this or tried this would be appreciated.
    @JEFF Hix
    I'll fix that right away...I am sorry I forgot it

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

Cost of STD Freedompop Devices are 1 penny on a valid Credit/Debit Card..

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

Please be advised!!!!

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

I added

@Jorge M.@Javonni_Freedompop‌ @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌

can one of you guys when you have some extra time please insert the above line in the original part of this thread...

I'd really appreciate this

• Jeffrey HixJeffrey Hix Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    When will BYOD include MiFi devices?
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie

When will BYOD include MiFi devices?

The BYOD page is just for phones. To activate other devices such as hotspots and modems, visit freedompop.com/activate .
    Wroof!
    @Jeffrey Hix
    I am hoping that going into 2015. Freedompop decides to add a ton of features and BYODs...including Hotspot/modems/and usb....along with a wide variety of new LTE BYOD's....some of the cheaper phones.

If we keep asking, bring it up & posting our Opinion on the matter, they read all the forums-It is possible that we may see this in the future.

I second the BYOD of the Mifi devices!!!

Happy New Year!!!

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

Please be advised!!!!

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

• KenSKenS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Will you support a BlackBerry Bold 9930? My job doesn't allow cameras and BlackBerry is the only "Smart" phone that I know of that I can get without a camera. eBay sells them for Sprint or Verizon networks. Thanks.
    @KenS‌
    those are not on the BYOD list...But it might be worth a request? Have you though about getting one of the hotspots....the pictures make them look huge, but if you look at the spec of the device-most of them are so small they fit in your front pocket and you wouldn't even notice it was there...You just activate-Use the wifi on your cell....and download the Freedompop Free Voice and text app....(not sure if you can use messaging app)....Than you download My Freedompop to keep an eye on the data usage.

@Jorge M.
    do you think we might get this device or any other Blackberry supported?

• Robert  Rathbun IIRobert Rathbun II Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    I think it would be great if older Blackberry phones were supported. I would surely like to use one with the freedompop service.
    @rrob311‌
    It would be Nice....I have 4 of them sitting here un-used....

Using a hotspot with devices that are capable--There is no difference...except caring around a hotspot..

You can get hotspot from 9$(wimax)---to 140$(lte)....I'd get a cheap wimax one just to test.....

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Blackberries are not supported on FreedomPop because Sprint Sanctions it from all of its MVNO's that it does not own.

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

This discussion has been closed.