**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Please be advised!!!!

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

Thanks for reading My Post

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• sheichelbechsheichelbech Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi all-

A while ago I posted about doing a Galaxy S4 BYOD. I've found a brand new sealed one on Ebay; can I assume the ESN is clean? The seller says he can't give it to me for security reasons, and I don't believe its prepaid. That seems to be the problem many people are having. If it is not prepaid, and brand new sealed, it should activate, right? Thanks!

-sheichelbech
    Just make sure its a Brand new SPRINT S4....make sure it comes with a sim card---part number SIMGLW206R

if they guys wont give you the ESN, I think I'd move on to another phone....Most seller will give it up with no questions asked...just to prove it is clear....

not really sure what you can do with a esn, that would cause security issues.....

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sheichelbech‌ Just make sure it's an SPH-L720 and you're good. If it's sealed it should have the sim inside already. I just hope it won't crap out because sometimes sprint phones have to be activated before... It's so confusing lol. I haven't heard any failure stories tho so the rule could have changed :)
    edited January 2015 #57

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

BYOD Supports ONLY 16gb Apple Devices below

BYOD Apple Devices ONLY Supports 16gb---NO 8gb/32gb/64gb

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

Cost of STD Freedompop Devices are 1 penny on a valid Credit/Debit Card..

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad Mini w/ Retina display (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

URL : http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

forgot to add the cost

Thanks for you guys' help! I might try to get the ESN out of him again, but he has 99.9% good feedback, so I might be good. Honestly for $270 its not bad, and one of the best deals I've found on a brand new S4. His claim was that he didn't want to risk someone trying to reprogram another phone or something. Hmmm...I don't know. I didn't really know about Sprint activating the phone before hand, though! I might just send him the link to the Freedompop BYOP activation page and ask if he can do it himself to check. Is this a good idea? Thanks again!
    That is a great Idea...just keep your fingers crossed, he tell the truth... :)

Ebay changed the return policy....it use to be 45 days from purchase date....Now it is 30 days from delivery date...No matter if he has a return policy, your protected...you can always return the device if it don't activate...
    Hope it all works out for you...

Well it turns out that the phone was a triband model :(. Oh well. I think now I might go with one of the big name providers on ebay that sell new-other condition phones. Does anyone have experience with these, and are they very reliable? They have lots of guarantees and if the phone doesn't work there's a 30 day return policy. And at 240 dollars the price isn't bad.
    @sheichelbech‌
    Dont let the feedback fool you on there....if they have like 90% to 100% there ok to buy from.....look for the ones that offer a 14 day return policy. Those are the ones-that they are confident--in there product...

No mater if they have a return policy or not---ebay return policy is enforced..

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

BYOD Supports ONLY 16gb Apple Devices below

BYOD Apple Devices ONLY Supports 16gb---NO 8gb/32gb/64gb

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

Cost of STD Freedompop Devices are 1 penny on a valid Credit/Debit Card..

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G---->>>>Wimax & LTE Version!!!!!
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad Mini w/ Retina display (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

URL : http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

Just got a confirmation from a admin here on Freedompop....

we can BYOD the HTC EVO 4G LTE too!!!!

Just a heads up....If your trying to buy a device to use in BYOD, please ask the seller for the MEID of the device you want to BYOD...and feel free to ask somebody here to dbl check it....

For some reason, the HTC Evo Shift, is on the BYOD list, but it seems Freedompop has issues activating these sometimes. If The HTC Evo Shift is something your looking at. Please dbl check the meid before you purchase. Might save you a headache going forward...

• PastorMikePastorMike Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hurrah for getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE to work. I purchased two (one for me and one for my wife) without realizing that there was a difference between the HTC EVO 4G (which was listed as working) and the 4G LTE version (which wasn't). I was all ready to go to the hassle of having to buy a hotspot to use, but now I don't have to!

Thanks to all concerned!

Michael
  • Amy PrattAmy Pratt Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie

Just got a confirmation from a admin here on Freedompop....

we can BYOD the HTC EVO 4G LTE too!!!!
    That's so ooooooold. Any news on newer devices like the iphone 5s, nexus 5 or the galaxy note 3?
    edited January 2015 #68
    @Amy Pratt
    actually this was about 7 days ago ---straight from a admin...Not that old-->>it has always been the HTC evo 4g Wimax, now it is also the LTE version too

I have no information on the 5s, but the 5c is rumored to be around April(I don't believe this is true)....I asked and I am still waiting for the answer

But I ask again-and see if they are including the 5s/nexus 5 or the galaxy note 3

• Keith TryonKeith Tryon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I got an S4 from eBay a few days ago....the listing said it was an SPH-L720, and I didn't bother asking it was specifically NOT a tri-band. Of course, I got it and it was an SPH-L720T, so I was bummed, and resigned myself to just waiting until Sprint lets the tri-band use FP service.

I got bored and tried to activate it anyways, and it worked! Maybe it reached the date where it was eligible to be used on FP, or maybe I was just lucky??? But it works, and I LOVE the phone. Of course, the map shows I get great 4G coverage, and I only have a speck of signal showing, but it seems to work.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Jumphour ‌ Are you in a spark area? If so do you get spark?
    @Jumphour
    when you activated, did it ask for the ICCID too? or the Sim number? I ask the guy that hooked me up with the list....This would be a very very good addition to the BYOD list....

• robert.copeland0@icloud.com[email protected] Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I got an HTC EVO 4g LTE today and I was wondering what I have to do to swap phones on my account?
  • RCPRCP Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jumphour @njfulwider5‌

I could also activate my S4 Spark model today. Yes, after the MEID request there was a follow up fill in box asking for the ICCID. Then I could select a plan, pay up and receive 3 emails of account information and links to setup instructions.
    I had to factory reset the phone, so I had to redo all the setup I had done with my preferences. I shut off WIFI and tried to call my home land line. It said 'weak connection - try anyway?'. I did, and it worked.
    It says voice will work right away, text takes 24-48 hours to work.

The status bar shows normal signal bars and also LTE* (That's the Spark burst after LTE). I don't know what data I am actually receiving.

Bob
  • RCPRCP Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 @Ali‌
    I have finally (15 January 2015) been able to activate as BYOD the Galaxy S4 SPARK L720T version. Now in the activation screen there is a follow up fill in (after the MEID) asking for the ICCID. When I filled that in I could activate the phone. After paying under $20 to activate as BYOD, I received 3 emails with account information and link to instructions on how to set it up.
    I had to reset phone to factory defaults, update previous apps, PRL was reset, I could run the FreedopPop app and fill in the new account information.
    I tested it with WIFI off and cellular on and called my home phone (weak signal - try anyway option). It worked.
    The site says voice works right away, text can take 24-48 hours to work.

@RCP That is great! Is everything working now? If I can use the Spark network I would like too, as my city has it and it is significantly faster than Sprint LTE.
  • Luis DelamoraLuis Delamora Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jumphour @RCP‌
    Regarding your SPH-L720T devices...
    When you two entered your ESN, did the following message appear?
    "Snap, looks like your phone is not currently eligible for free data."

It seems I can get it to work with voice and text, but not data.
    Was it the same for you 2?
This discussion has been closed.