Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• Luis DelamoraLuis Delamora Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @RCP @Jumphour
    Regarding the activation of your Galaxy S4 720T devices...
    Did you guys get the following message when you entered your ESN?
    "Snap, looks like your phone is not currently eligible for free data."

It seems I can get free voice and text, but not data.
  • Keith TryonKeith Tryon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I posted a comment several days ago that never actually got posted. But someone else has mentioned that they too got their 720T activated. I don't live in a Spark area (closest is 100 miles away), so I don't know if that works. And data does work on my phone...never saw that message about not being eligible for free data. And I used the MEID to register it (after reading a posting about leaving off the last digit on the IMEI, after that failed.)
  • creativityhighcreativityhigh Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have managed to activate an iphone 4s 32gb and a prepaid iphone 4 8 gb with no issues. At the time I activated them, I didn't realize it wasnt supposed to work. I had a 3rd iphone 32gb that the ESN went thru clean for activation, but its icloud locked so I didn't turn it on.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭

@Jumphour @RCP‌
    Regarding your SPH-L720T devices...
    When you two entered your ESN, did the following message appear?

It seems I can get it to work with voice and text, but not data.
    Was it the same for you 2?

@Luis Delamora
    Any phone can work with voice and text via a separate app (kind of like google hangouts.) Make sure you are using the MEID DEC number not the HEX number (i may have that switched but I don't think so). You find that number on the back under the battery.

@Jumphour @RCP‌ if either of you have a non-triband phone as well, could you compare coverage and data speeds? If not please post at least your impressions, because the l720t should have much better coverage and data speeds (when on band 41 *2500mhz Spark) than the l720 (non-triband).
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

BYOD Supports ONLY 16gb Apple Devices below

BYOD Apple Devices ONLY Supports 16gb---NO 8gb/32gb/64gb

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

Cost of STD Freedompop Devices is 1 penny on a valid Credit/Debit Card..

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad Mini w/ Retina display (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• RCPRCP Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @hankjrod‌
    @Jumphour
    @Luis Delamora

Luis Delamora said:

@Jumphour @RCP‌
    Regarding your SPH-L720T devices...
    When you two entered your ESN, did the following message appear?

It seems I can get it to work with voice and text, but not data.
    Was it the same for you 2?

@Luis Delamora
    Any phone can work with voice and text via a separate app (kind of like google hangouts.) Make sure you are using the MEID DEC number not the HEX number (i may have that switched but I don't think so). You find that number on the back under the battery.

@Jumphour @RCP‌ if either of you have a non-triband phone as well, could you compare coverage and data speeds? If not please post at least your impressions, because the l720t should have much better coverage and data speeds (when on band 41 *2500mhz Spark) than the l720 (non-triband).

--- --- ---

Luis - I got no SNAP message about no data - After filling in MEID another fill in box showed up asking for the MCCID. After I entered that, I could complete activation with credit card, plan selection etc. I got the basic 200 plan and also the 'free trial' upgrade - even though I selected NOT to receive that. I will cancel that soon. I did opt out of auto fill up.
    I got 200 min talk, 500 texts and 2.49GB data, so it looks like I got a 'sign up bonus' besides the free trial.

I have no other smartphone so can't compare. I have used the voice/text/data very little when I'm not on WIFI - just a little to test it. Looks like it searches for LTE Spark, then 3G. I think I can only use 4G now. I did send a text message successfully. I sometimes get a 'weak signal strength' warning, but could make a couple calls. Another time I could hear ringing, but got no answer. I ENDed the call, but it kept ringing. I closed the app, but it kept ringing. I powered down the phone. Later I found out, that the person I called heard the ringing and answered, but could hear nothing.
    It could be that I'll need to add the 3G step down option with roll over.

Yesterday I tried to use the FP Free Voice and Text App (the one with the phone picture and talk balloon), but it popped up that my device needed a different app - the FP Messaging app. I could actually download that via LTE data connection. It took a while to make the connection, but once the download started, it went fairly quickly. This new app has a voice call option, but that asks to 'complete action using' and gives a choice of the native Samsung dialer, GrooVe IP, Viber or VoipYo. I got something to work, but not sure what - I think I just called with a different voip client (magicJack), which apparently just worked over the data connection. I guess that would deduct from my data allotment, so it would be better to use a FP app to dial voice. I'll have to figure out how.

Bob
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RCP‌
    Just remember you don't have to use the Freedompop app to have data on the BYOD phones....I use (Xfinity Connect) with Voice2go...

You don't need Freedompop apps to activate....When you BYOD a Phone on freedompop, you just activating the phone to have 500mbs free data...

I was told the SPH-L720T is not on the approved list yet. its hit and miss....I just talked to another person that attempted it and failed. I think its almost like the iPhone issue....sometimes you can get a 32/8/64gb to activate...But for some reason--they seem to always have issues down the road. Who Knows....

For those reading---I wouldn't purchase a SPH-L720T to BYOD, chances are you won't be as lucky. Same with any Phone not on the BYOD List...

I just Updated the Post a few days ago, and I am sad to say(No New Phones)...Maybe next update..

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

edited January 2015 #84

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S4** (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*
    ^Evo 4G currently supported. Evo 4G LTE is not supported (coming soon)
    **The Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720) is supported. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband Edition (SPH-L720T) is not supported.

All IOS devices(Apple) needs to be 16gb Only-No other GB versions are compatible at this time(please see what to do it if your phone is not on the BYOD List below)

iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )
    Just updated the post to reflect the changes to the HTC Evo LTE....Freedompop is working on a Fix. Right now they are telling me(coming Soon)

@hankjrod‌
    Yep, I am ready....I hit the admins up almost everyday for updates :)

I hope these guys decide to add a few more devices soon....would be great if they added a few more LTE Devices..

@njfulwider5‌ Yeah ... I just found out that much of my area has band 26 (800 mhz long range) and band 41 (spark) so I would really like to be able to get a l720t.
    I think we just got Spark....I live in Zipcode 98031, and last times I checked it said we only had LTE.....But I checked yesterday and we now have Spark Turbo... :)

I can't wait to get a device to test....

It also sounds like a couple of people have gotten lucky and activated the 720t..I have a feeling this might be on the list soon...Sounds like the only issues he is having is the messaging app??

• sheichelbechsheichelbech Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok so really good news. I have activated a brand new Sprint Tri Band and it really works! We have Spark in my area, and using speed test I got 33.89 Mbps download and 9.2 Mbps uploaded. I think its actually faster than my wifi... I am surprised they are activating them since Feb. 6th hasn't rolled around but this is good news.
    @sheichelbech‌
    sound like you got Lucky....Enjoy your phone!!!! :)

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*
    **The Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720) is supported. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband Edition (SPH-L720T) is not supported.

All IOS devices(Apple) needs to be 16gb Only-No other GB versions are compatible at this time(please see what to do it if your phone is not on the BYOD List below)

iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

There was a email floating around 1/29/15, telling you about some new changes to the BYOD device-(MORE DEVICES). Please be Patent The New Device will be Posted Here, once I get the OK. :) --NJ

let me know if you have any questions

• Steve SchmidSteve Schmid Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the cost of 19.99 a monthly charge or can it be changed to free plan once activated?
    @Steve Schmid
    19.99 is the std fee to bring over you own device. this is not including any plan. The 19.99 is no refundable, and it is a one time activation fee

• Douglas TraywickDouglas Traywick Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    edited February 2015 #95
    WRONG...I HAVE HAD IPHONE FIVE 32GB ACTIVATED FOR A YEAR NOW!
    @Douglas Traywick Good Job ,But Not WRONG-what kinda Iphone?
    sometimes you get Lucky...I don't make the rules I don't work for Freedompop..But the person That I got the list does- @Jorge M.
    People that get them activated will find out a little later they might have some type of issue...Reason why FREEDOMPOP only allows 16GBS. Both Post say 16gb only..Not only this one....again--I DON'T MAKE THE RULES...

• stylecouncliorstylecounclior Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    If only 16gb iPhone is supported, why was I allowed to sign up (and pay) with my 64gb iPhone 4s?? I activated online, input my meid, and it was acknowledged as a 64gb iPhone and accepted for activation? If you don't support it, why do you allow it to be activated?
  • Douglas TraywickDouglas Traywick Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    iPhone 5 32 GB.I even bought the Ting sim but never used it. The original Sprint sim activated flawlessly. Great LTE data all over Texas and Oklahoma. No issues. I also have HTC EVO 4 G. Phone only good on the EVO with WIFI but the 3G data good all over. Even watches ESPN sports app live in a rural area.. Was nt HD video but great nonetheless. No issues at all with 32 GB iPhone but I do leave in on the original ufirmware and never update to 8

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^
    HTC Evo Shift*

iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

There was a email floating around 1/29/15, telling you about some new changes to the BYOD device-(MORE DEVICES). Please be Patent as The New Device shall be Posted Here, once I get the OK. :) --NJ

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^
    HTC Evo Shift*

IPHONES-(everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 and 6S.)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (2/4/2015)

LG Tribute
    LG Optimus S
    Kyocera Hydro
    Motorola Moto G
    LG Realm
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Volt
    Samsung Galaxy Discover
    Kyocera Event
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    LG Optimus V
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy Rush
    LG G2
    HTC Desire 510
    Samsung Moment
    HTC One V
    Kyocera Rise

Notice above the changes on the IOS device-(Iphones and Ipads): Iphones,everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 and 6S. Ipads,all the way up through iPad Air 2-->NO GB Restrictions!!!

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

This discussion has been closed.