**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #102
    @Douglas Traywick @stylecounclior ,
    They changed the IOS devices.... :) See Update

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5 The GB restriction has been removed. All Sprint iOS devices are approved including the iPhone 6 and the new iPads.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what I am getting out of it.....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many are mentioning all the pre-paids listed, but isn't the iPhone6 less than 12 months with Sprint, still ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias (16th) It appears this restriction has been removed for freedompop with a new agreement with sprint.
    @Rich Sias (16th)
    Yea the pre-paids and the tribands---so crazy here on the forum

Jorge M said on his BYOD Post

Hello everyone! I apologize for any confusion you may have experienced when reading my original post. I have since made a few edits to our list so feel free to take a look. However, as stated within the list "These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed." :)

• wilalmowilalmo Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    is there a sprint moto g? ebay shows boost and i thought boost phones wouldnt work
    @wilalmo Boost and Virgin Mobile devices are now supported.
  • Amy PrattAmy Pratt Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie

@Amy Pratt
    actually this was about 7 days ago ---straight from a admin...Not that old-->>it has always been the HTC evo 4g Wimax, now it is also the LTE version too

I have no information on the 5s, but the 5c is rumored to be around April(I don't believe this is true)....I asked and I am still waiting for the answer

But I ask again-and see if they are including the 5s/nexus 5 or the galaxy note 3

Heh, I meant the phone, not the post.
    Has anyone attempted a galaxy note 2 or 3 yet?
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie
    Someone needs to make sure this thread is in sync with the older thread (which says iPhone 5C is accepted):
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4646/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-02-04-2015/p1
    edited February 2015 #114
    @lolaire McFadden,
    I am the guy that edits both threads....I had issues editing this one and I will fix it once the admins hook me up...

Update--Fixed!!!

edited March 2015 #116

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

check you MEID/ESN to make sure its clear and ready --->>> (here)

Check your IOS device, to make sure its not reported stolen ---->>>>(here)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S4** (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*

HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)

IPHONES-(everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S-5c)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (2/4/2015)

LG Tribute
    LG Optimus S
    Kyocera Hydro
    Motorola Moto G
    LG Realm
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Volt
    Samsung Galaxy Discover
    Kyocera Event
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    LG Optimus V
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy Rush
    LG G2
    HTC Desire 510
    Samsung Moment
    HTC One V
    Kyocera Rise

Notice above the changes on the iOS device-(Iphones and Ipads): Iphones,everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5C. iPads, all the way up through iPad Air 2-->NO GB Restrictions!!!

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Sim cards needed to activate devices are-
    IOS Devices:

(I'll add the sims as I get more information-- Please feel free to add sims here on this post and I'll add the as I verify)

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Post edited by njfulwider5 on

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Does this work with SMS too? Or do you still have to use the freedompop app for that?
    yep...SMS too @Amy Pratt

• Christopher RobbinsChristopher Robbins Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@wilalmo Boost and Virgin Mobile devices are now supported.

Just want to confirm before I pull the trigger - this means a LG Volt from Sprint Prepaid, Virgin Mobile, or Boost can be activated, right? =)

yep...SMS too @Amy Pratt

Sorry to keep asking, but is this only for phones for which you're connecting to the internet through a hotspot (the way to use a byod not on the list)? Or can a standalone phone (my husband is using a galaxy s2 epic touch) registered with Freedompop really use any SMS app?
  • thedamianthedamian Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    Yahoo my iPhone 5C got activated!
    Sweet! now I have a proper phone to give to my little girl to play with while we're in the car.

Thank you FreedomPOP!

Someone needs to make sure this thread is in sync with the older thread (which says iPhone 5C is accepted):
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4646/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-02-04-2015/p1

@ Lolaire McFadden,
    The Iphone 5C is accepted as one of the Iphones we can BYOD..Might have been changed on the the other thread too--so Iphone 5/5s/5c are acceptable for BYOD..

Amy Pratt said:

yep...SMS too @Amy Pratt

Sorry to keep asking, but is this only for phones for which you're connecting to the internet through a hotspot (the way to use a byod not on the list)? Or can a standalone phone (my husband is using a galaxy s2 epic touch) registered with Freedompop really use any SMS app?
    @Amy Pratt
    if the app your using allows SMS than your good to go....

Activate your device, and don't download the freedompop app....Than download the app of your choice and your good to go....

I would check and make sure the app you use supports its.

Amy Pratt said:

@Amy Pratt
    if the app your using allows SMS than your good to go....

Activate your device, and don't download the freedompop app....Than download the app of your choice and your good to go....

I would check and make sure the app you use supports its.

This is a phone he's been using for a year now (originally a BYOD galaxy s2 epic touch off Ebay), so it's got the freedompop app on it. When I switched the default SMS app to Hangouts, I got the 2120 error from Sprint when I tried to text.

Does the Freedompop app have to be uninstalled or something?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #125
    I posted this in the other thread; thought it would be useful here too:

Anybody that wishes to bring your device to FreedomPop needs to read @Dennis Bournique article about the issues that, not only FreedomPop, but all Sprint MVNOs are having activating new phones. Yes Virgin Mobile is okay, yes Boost is okay, but they have to be used for a year if they have been used on their network. Also, they have tightened some of the blacklisting for devices that have a balance due on Sprint: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/02/sprints-blacklist-is-gone-but-byosp-is.html
    @Amy Pratt
    The 2120 error has nothing to do with the app your using-it has to do with the phones communication with sprint...it is actually going threw the phones native messaging or text messaging app...

on most phones, you can add the number giving the error and than block that number from calling....no more error 2120..

The Error message usually only does this in the beginning and goes away after a few weeks...

This discussion has been closed.