Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Adolfo Galvan and thanks @Dennis Bournique for the added info

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #128

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

check you MEID/ESN to make sure its clear and ready --->>> (here)

Check your IOS device, to make sure its not reported stolen ---->>>>(here)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S4** (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^----Wimax and LTE versions
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*

HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)

IPHONES-(everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S-5c)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (2/4/2015)

LG Tribute
    LG Optimus S
    Kyocera Hydro
    Motorola Moto G
    LG Realm
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Volt
    Samsung Galaxy Discover
    Kyocera Event
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    LG Optimus V
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy Rush
    LG G2
    HTC Desire 510
    Samsung Moment
    HTC One V
    Kyocera Rise

Notice above the changes on the iOS device-(Iphones and Ipads): Iphones,everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5C. iPads, all the way up through iPad Air 2-->NO GB Restrictions!!!

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Sim cards needed to activate devices are-
    IOS Devices:

(I'll add the sims as I get more information-- Please feel free to add sims here on this post and I'll add the as I verify)

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Please be advised---->>>

If you are experiencing activation issues...you might want to wait a few days till Sprint clear up this little issue they have going on at the moment....

please take a quick peek here....

BYOD Activation error - Sprint Financial Eligibility Check

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7668/byod-activation-error-sprint-financial-eligibility-check#latest

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #130
    @njfulwider5 I made a list of all LTE devices that use a SIM Card and what model. Feel free to add this to the beginning of your thread :) -

LTE Devices with SIMGLW206R (SKU CZ2102LWR) [Worldwide 3FF Micro SIM LTE]:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    LG Volt
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    LG G2

LTE Devices with SIMGLT207R (SKU CZ2101LTR) [Domestic 3FF Micro SIM LTE]:
    HTC Desire 510
    LG Tribute
    thanks!!!!

edited March 2015 #132

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

check you MEID/ESN to make sure its clear and ready --->>> (here)

Check your IOS device, to make sure its not reported stolen ---->>>>(here)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S4** (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^----Wimax and LTE versions
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*

HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)

IPHONES-(everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S-5c)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (2/4/2015)

LG Tribute
    LG Optimus S
    Kyocera Hydro
    Motorola Moto G
    LG Realm
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Volt* (currently experiencing activation issues)
    Samsung Galaxy Discover
    Kyocera Event
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    LG Optimus V
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy Rush
    LG G2
    HTC Desire 510
    Samsung Moment
    HTC One V
    Kyocera Rise

Notice above the changes on the iOS device-(Iphones and Ipads): Iphones,everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5C. iPads, all the way up through iPad Air 2-->NO GB Restrictions!!!

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Sim cards needed to activate devices are-
    IOS Devices:

(I'll add the sims as I get more information-- Please feel free to add sims here on this post and I'll add the as I verify)

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Please be advised---->>>

If you are experiencing activation issues...you might want to wait a few days till Sprint clear up this little issue they have going on at the moment....

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7668/byod-activation-error-sprint-financial-eligibility-check#latest
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

• Nathan RoyceNathan Royce Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 @Jorge M. @Ali
    NJ, you may also wish to "asterisk" the LG Volt in your list as well.
    I got a reply from Ali in my thread that the Volt won't be able to be activated until May.
    Ali, is there some understanding we can gain from the "why"? What is it about the month of May that would allow the Volt to be activated as opposed to the date of 2/4/15 from the original list, or even the tech support saying perhaps in a few days?
  • Adam NibeckAdam Nibeck Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    i keep trying to get my Galaxy Mega activated on Freedompop. But nothing seems to be working! its certified clean from sprint. And it just doesnt budge. i get a oh snap error
  • Adam NibeckAdam Nibeck Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    @njfulwider5 my galaxy mega keeps getting an oh snap screen. its sprint certified clear. Should i go to sprint and have them do a MSL number reprograming, If so, i know i didint say it correctly. What would it be? Ive been trying for 5 days, freedompop said they were going to add it to their data base. i dont think it has ever even been attempted.
    @Vindicator / take a peek...I did it yesterday...But thanks for the heads up...hit me up anytime..You see any discrepancy...

Please be advised---->>>

@fallinghat /
    I'll chat with you in PM, but i really think we wont get anywhere with activation till sprint comes up with a solution..

A great way to find out if your device is affected...

swappa will say the device is clear and ready to go....next test on Ting BYOD checker--->>(fails FEC)

if it fails there go ahead and try here

https://www.freedompop.com/byod

See if you'll get a snap....or error

if you fail the 2 and pass swappa...pretty good chance your affected too.....

I have tested almost 20-25 meids since Thursday and every single one of them are a fail. 15 of my own, test for a S4/S3, and a few for other members. even a few Brand new device..Never used, never activated...

That is 100% failure rate, and it is reported online as 95% failure rate.

The best bet is to sit on the device if it fails, till somebody comes up with a update that benefits us consumers..

best place to watch is this link

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/02/sprints-blacklist-is-gone-but-byosp-is.html

Dennis is on-top of this and keeping us all updated there...

Please, if you are lucky and you activate a device on BYOD, I would like to just hear it is still possible....I'd like to hear one Good Ending....Please update us with the device you activated...Might be a good sign for the rest of us waiting.

Just sharing what I found on the support pages...hopefully it can help somebody out there trying, just like me...

http://support.freedompop.com/BYOD/48695059/My-device-didn-t-pass-a-financial-eligibility-check-now-what.htm

Just thought I would share this with you guys...After hunting and hunting and hunting...I found a ton of S3 phones Sprint, that all Pass BYOD here, and BYOD Ting...Seller guarantees them to pass...and he was correct.

So there out there guys/Gals...I couldn't believe, till I tested 3 of his phones and each one passed BYOD Testing!!!!!

• LanceRiveraLanceRivera Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    null Yeah but it's going to cost more than6.97
    Mo. Four unlimited.
  • LanceRiveraLanceRivera Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    I have a sprint s4 android phone I want to use in the byod. but have no sim. Card or iccd. What do you suggest?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #143

null

I have a sprint s4 android phone I want to use in the byod. but have no sim. Card or iccd. What do you suggest?

Try the BYOD page and see how far you can go. If you get the "Snap" Message it is a no go. If it asks for the Sprint ICCD, then order a SIM from Sprint or Ting.
  • MiserlyMiserly Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought new LG Volt for Sprint prepaid from BestBuy at $80 and activated on FP. IMHO, much better than a used S3 anyday.
  • Nathan RoyceNathan Royce Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Miserly ??? You were able to activate your prepaid Sprint Volt on Freedompop? When did you activate it and are you receiving and sending calls with it? Did you have service with Sprint for 12+ months?

I tried to do my radioshack volt last week but to no avail. It's never been activated with anyone before.

I would definitely try to activate mine again if yours was activated during the whole Sprint debacle unless the admins would tell me to hold off.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Miserly said:

I bought new LG Volt for Sprint prepaid from BestBuy at $80 and activated on FP. IMHO, much better than a used S3 anyday.

We all like to know the date that you activated. Most all are having issues activating phones from Best Buy after 2/14.
  • mechanic1mechanic1 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I thought i successfully activated an Evo phone on BYOD. Paid the activation fee got a phone number. it shows my account but i cant do anything with the phone. No texts, calls or data. Also I clicked on no free offers but still on my account it shows extra data. I tried to stop the extra data but i dont know if i was successful or not. Cam anyone help? Number is 2083914144.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @mechanic1 Hello Tom, it does appear your account needed a refresh on our end. All should be good to go now :)
  • LOQUiANTiQUUSLOQUiANTiQUUS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Miserly said:

I thought only Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile offered the LG Volt.

Miserly said:

I thought only Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile offered the LG Volt.
    Actually, nvm. Though, confirmed my Boost LG Volt will not activate. I though I bought it used, but it looks pretty brand new.

So, it seems like you can't BYOD to FreedomPop!
This discussion has been closed.