**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

Comments

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

So, it seems like you can't BYOD to FreedomPop!

The issue is that all Sprint sub-carriers are having an issue activating phones. Sprint changed their policy and then changed it again without telling anyone. Boost is requiring that a phone is used on their network for a year before it can be used on another carrier. So that Volt you have will not work on FreedomPop until you have used that phone on Boost for 12 months. FreedomPop is doing their best, but Sprint/Boost/VM are not helping to change providers.
  • Christopher RobbinsChristopher Robbins Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie

I feel your frustration. Let me know if you make any headway with Boost releasing your device.
  • LOQUiANTiQUUSLOQUiANTiQUUS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

The issue is that all Sprint sub-carriers are having an issue activating phones. Sprint changed their policy and then changed it again without telling anyone. Boost is requiring that a phone is used on their network for a year before it can be used on another carrier. So that Volt you have will not work on FreedomPop until you have used that phone on Boost for 12 months. FreedomPop is doing their best, but Sprint/Boost/VM are not helping to change providers.
    Are there any devices that may I buy and bring on my own to FreedomPop?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I did, I went to ebay and searched out members that allowed me to test the meid. I found a few seller that didn't mind...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015 #156

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

check you MEID/ESN to make sure its clear and ready --->>> (here)

Check your IOS device, to make sure its not reported stolen ---->>>>(here)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S4** (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G^----Wimax and LTE versions
    HTC Evo Shift*
    *Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*

HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)

IPHONES-(everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S-5c)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (2/4/2015)

LG Tribute
    LG Optimus S
    Kyocera Hydro
    Motorola Moto G
    LG Realm
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    LG Volt* (currently experiencing activation issues)
    Samsung Galaxy Discover
    Kyocera Event
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    LG Optimus V
    HTC One M7
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    LG Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy Rush
    LG G2
    HTC Desire 510
    Samsung Moment
    HTC One V
    Kyocera Rise

Notice above the changes on the iOS device-(Iphones and Ipads): Iphones,everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5C. iPads, all the way up through iPad Air 2-->NO GB Restrictions!!!

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Please be advised---->>>

If you are experiencing activation issues...you might want to wait a few days till Sprint clear up this little issue they have going on at the moment....

BYOD Activation error - Sprint Financial Eligibility Check

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7668/byod-activation-error-sprint-financial-eligibility-check#latest

http://support.freedompop.com/BYOD/48695059/My-device-didn-t-pass-a-financial-eligibility-check-now-what.htm
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• claretendianclaretendian Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I recently bought a brand new Virgin Mobile LG Tribute 4G LTE from Wal-Mart. Can I activate the phone using FreedomPop service?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a brand new Virgin Mobile LG Tribute 4G LTE from Wal-Mart. Can I activate the phone using FreedomPop service?

No, you will not be able to activate a Sprint Prepaid, Virgin Mobile, or Boost Mobile phone on FreedomPop unless the phone has been ACTIVE for one year on the respective network with current rules from Sprint.
  • Bruce DorseyBruce Dorsey Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having difficulty activating my iPhone 5S.
    I have completed all steps listed here http://support.freedompop.com/Device/FreedomPhone/iPhone/34580736/How-do-I-activate-my-iPhone.htm
    When I dial #873283# and press call I get “Error performing request Unknown Error”
    I have reset network settings, restored in iTunes, tried iOS 8.1.3 and 8.2 and updated carrier settings.
    Now if I try to go through the activation process on the website it says the device is already active but the iPhone says no service.
    edited March 2015 #160
    I do have service in my area.
    we are still having FEC issues....did you check you phone to make sure its not apart of this post...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7668/byod-activation-error-sprint-financial-eligibility-check/p1

you can pm me the meid and I do some testing for you?

Yes, I checked Swappa, Ting and FreedomPop. All sites said phone was ready to activate. Completed activation process through FreedomPop but not service.
  • william keiserwilliam keiser Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    The list here does not mention specific model numbers. The way I understand it, it has to be specifically made for Sprint.
    I am planning to get a used Galaxy S3. The SPH-L710 appears to be the Sprint model of this. But I have now seen one that has "C Spire wireless" printed on the back instead of "Sprint". Are all SPH-L710 S3s compatible with FP, and are other models of the S3 also compatible?

Yes, I checked Swappa, Ting and FreedomPop. All sites said phone was ready to activate. Completed activation process through FreedomPop but not service.

Have you tried connecting to WiFi first before doing the #873283#?

Someone was able to get it going here after that: https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/478307
    Yes, iPhone is connected to wifi. Still get error and no service.
    at the very top is says @Bill Keiser

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

I just activated a SPH-L710

• doug kandoug kan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Good news (at least in my case, as I mentioned in another post) -- I have Samsung tab 3 7" (SM-T217S) was eligible for activate on FP 2months ago, then had FEC error since last month both on FP and Ting, but last night I checked the IMEI again -- both FP and Ting pass the IMEI and I can activate the tab now!
    So try your "FEC error" device now to see what happen.....
    Great news Guys--Found this on the web!!!
    More than 30 million devices that would previously have failed Sprint’s financial eligibility date (FED) check will now pass.

Now, devices that were freed from a contract due to a hardware upgrade (that is to say, you got a new a new phone on the same contract) will clear the FED check. Likewise, with the exception of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, any device that was activated 12 or more months ago, regardless of whether it’s currently active, will clear. This applies to devices associated with postpaid accounts only.

If you tried to bring your device to Ting previously but failed due to FED, please try again.

• moneyocmoneyoc Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    doug kan said:

So try your "FEC error" device now to see what happen.....

deoes this mean phone will wok now

Great news Guys--Found this on the web!!!

More than 30 million devices that would previously have failed Sprint’s financial eligibility date (FED) check will now pass.

Now, devices that were freed from a contract due to a hardware upgrade (that is to say, you got a new a new phone on the same contract) will clear the FED check. Likewise, with the exception of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, any device that was activated 12 or more months ago, regardless of whether it’s currently active, will clear. This applies to devices associated with postpaid accounts only.

If you tried to bring your device to Ting previously but failed due to FED, please try again.
    wanted to know if I buy a brand new phone from the store will it work if I wanted to bring to freedompop?

• Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie
    moneyoc said:

wanted to know if I buy a brand new phone from the store will it work if I wanted to bring to freedompop?

I exchanged my FreedomPop iPhone 5 at the Apple Store for a like new refurbished phone and was unable to activate as BYOD yesterday. I didn't try to add it to my existing account because I'll get my old phone back but did want to activate it for the time I had it under a new account.

So still beware about new phones.

@moneyoc -- yes for my samsung tab 3 7" (was "FEC" error @FP before) I did activate on FP 2 days ago, and it works fine

MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO THE RECENT MESSAGING APP..

freedompop is using linphone now--great call quality!!!!

• Krys EspinozaKrys Espinoza Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the lg Optimus v that says it will activate but before I pay to activate I wanna know if I'll still get the 500mb? Also I can't download the fb calling or text app since the phone has old os and no updates
  • Lukes3 KodankoLukes3 Kodanko Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 what variants of Moto G supported (specifically with LTE or no)?
  • jbmixjbmix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Excited to find that any iPhone 4s, regardless of storage capacity, is finally eligible for BYOD. But I'm also finding that there are evidently issues with the process of authenticating (?).

I want to BYOD my iPhone 4S, and port my number, but I don't want to get stuck in no-man's-land without service from FP and unable to go back to Sprint, all because of issues with authentication. I'd like to know that's fixed before I start the process. Is there any new news on this issue?
This discussion has been closed.