My Franklin wireless U600 just conked out , any way to reset it or does it have to go ba

Anne T. _01Anne T. _01 Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
I've just had it for about 5 1/2 weeks and all of a sudden it just stopped working. Smartview doesn't recognize it and all i have is a red light. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having trouble with your u600 then please PM me and I can get you a replacement sent out. Good luck!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Johanna Tumbokon
    If your using windows, there is a chance that all you have to do is...Pull the USB out of the PC....Restart the computer and place the usb back in the usb slot...if this keeps happening...try another port. If your using a USB 3.0, try a 2.0...

Test the device on another PC if you still can not get it to work...if it don't work on the other PC....than call customers service or PM a admin for a RMA...if you need the numbers or the names....Just @sign my name..njfulwider5 and I give them to you...

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ I got a replacement sent out to him.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a Saturday....Good Job, the admins must have been readily available for you?

No matter if you got a new one...refurbished one...Used one...or maybe you just try it out on the same one you have...

@Johanna Tumbokon
    If your using windows, there is a chance that all you have to do is...Pull the USB out of the PC....Restart the computer and place the usb back in the usb slot...if this keeps happening...try another port. If your using a USB 3.0, try a 2.0...

Test the device on another PC if you still can not get it to work...if it don't work on the other PC....than call customers service or PM a admin for a RMA...if you need the numbers or the names....Just @sign my name..njfulwider5 and I give them to you...

Hope this helps

This is a great way to troubleshoot them....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ I did it myself, no admin was necessary. I feel privileged doing this stuff by myself lol
    You did....you must have privileges we don't other pros don't have.....HMMM...gonna have to see if i can get those

@njfulwider5‌ Lol additional capabilities (using the Pro App) for FreedomPop Pros coming soon to a forum near you!
    I hit him on on that on too..
    Thanks

• Watcher13Watcher13 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I wonder if there's anyone now around that can help me. I have the same problem now that this person had in the past, though my U600 gave me lots of use. A year or more's worth. But now I just get a solid red light and my computer doesn't completely recognize the modem. Unlike in the past, when the modem could be seen in Device Manager, now it recognizes it as a "composite device" and sees it's diagnositc port, as it did before, but shows no entry under modem. I've tried this on 3 different computers, 1 running Win 10, a Win 7, and a Win XP. Similar results. My local contract carrier for FreedomPop is Sprint, and the Sprint SmartView control/portal/connect software - however you want to refer to it - no longer sees it either on the original machine. I contacted customer service, but I'm sure the representative didn't understand. She sent me a U600 instruction manual from Virgin mobile, which was practically useless, since almost all that information was about the Virgin Mobils connect software. It did have one useful piece of info., though. It's troubleshooting chart confirms to me that the U600 is failing dung it's initial hardware check, when the red light 1st comes on, so it never gets past that point and the red light stays on solid. In short, I'm sure it's dead. How can I get another one or a similar desktop modem? In other words, can anyone there help me make them understand that it's dead? Or intercede as someone did for the person who posted this thread?
  • Watcher13 said:

I wonder if there's anyone now around that can help me. I have the same problem now that this person had in the past, though my U600 gave me lots of use. A year or more's worth. But now I just get a solid red light and my computer doesn't completely recognize the modem. Unlike in the past, when the modem could be seen in Device Manager, now it recognizes it as a "composite device" and sees it's diagnositc port, as it did before, but shows no entry under modem. I've tried this on 3 different computers, 1 running Win 10, a Win 7, and a Win XP. Similar results. My local contract carrier for FreedomPop is Sprint, and the Sprint SmartView control/portal/connect software - however you want to refer to it - no longer sees it either on the original machine. I contacted customer service, but I'm sure the representative didn't understand. She sent me a U600 instruction manual from Virgin mobile, which was practically useless, since almost all that information was about the Virgin Mobils connect software. It did have one useful piece of info., though. It's troubleshooting chart confirms to me that the U600 is failing dung it's initial hardware check, when the red light 1st comes on, so it never gets past that point and the red light stays on solid. In short, I'm sure it's dead. How can I get another one or a similar desktop modem? In other words, can anyone there help me make them understand that it's dead? Or intercede as someone did for the person who posted this thread?

Hello,

Our team is more than willing to help you resolve this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where this device appears? Also, send us the device's MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers so we can take a closer look at it.