bad problems with Sprint SmartView on Win7 64 bit

William TheisWilliam Theis Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
since installing Sprint SmartView, I have had nothing but headaches with my HP Elitebook i7 laptop. The worst of which it will sometimes NEVER shutdown completely. I let it go for 30 minutes and finally had to turn off by the power switch. AFTER THIS, THE COMPUTER COULD NOT FIND THE HARD DRIVE AND WOULD NOT BOOT. I went back into the BIOS and changed the boot options to restore.

the other symptom since installing SmartView (when it does work) is that there is a message at shutdown about CMD.EXE failing to execute with a message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) Click OK to close the application." It eventually closes and then the machine shuts down.

I dislike the first problem more than the nusaince of the second. THIS IS A FRESH INSTALL OF WIN7 (mainly because the first time when it killed the hard drive, I reinstalled Win7)

This is not acceptable!!! I guess you get what you pay for with FreedomPop

Comments

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @William Theis‌ , one of the reason of a computer not shutdown is a application that is running and will not close. When you force the shutdown like you did, it will damage the OS. To solve this problem is to right click on the taskbar and select task manage. Force close the apps that are still there.

Now you did a clear install on your windows 7, you have to do all the MS updates before you install the smartview.

The developer of the smartview software is not from freedompop, this is from Sprint that developer the software.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to check your device on another computer and your usb port with another device..

it sounds like your having a IO conflict with the usb port.....when you computer first boots up..it will look for a usb port, and if the device is giving off any kind of conflict it will cause boot issues....I'd explain-but it just easier to say causing issues...

It sound like it started out as hardware and than corrupted the operating system...make sure when you shut down or boot up the usb is not in the pc....test the device and the port

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an issue with your u600 being plugged in to the USB on bootup
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to check your device on another computer and your usb port with another device..

it sounds like your having a IO conflict with the usb port.....when you computer first boots up..it will look for a usb port, and if the device is giving off any kind of conflict it will cause boot issues....I'd explain-but it just easier to say causing issues...

It sound like it started out as hardware and than corrupted the operating system...make sure when you shut down or boot up the usb is not in the pc....test the device and the port

hit me up if you'd like me to walk you threw this....Computer tech for a long long long time.....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop