**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Another user with no 4G data

I have been using freedom pop for 2 months and was never able to connect to 4G. I am in a large metropolitan Wimax 4G area according to the map. I have done profile and PRL update including MSL reset but to no avail.

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
@Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adil Ghanchi

when you turn on your 4g antenna for the first time....you have to hit the scan button....should be in your menu>>>>settings>>>>wireless & network...4g settings--make sure 4g is on and than tap to scan for 4g service....

it needs to find a IP address the first time you use.....

also make sure you are outside when you do this...it will scan better that way..

also check this map--make sure to look at data and not voice

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

make sure you look at 4g wimax and not 4g lte....these phones are 4g wimax only

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dial ##72786# and enter your MSL code. The phone will reactivate and hopefully enable 4G
  • Adil GhanchiAdil Ghanchi FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Dialing ##72786# and MSL code takes me to the SCRTN screen. Under Menu I have 2 choices: reset and cancel. When I do reset I lose 3g as well and then doing profile and PRP update only brings back 3G not 4G.
    @njfulwider5

I hit 4G scan and it doesn't find anything. I am looking at 4G Wimax on the map. Seems like I have a defective unit.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adil Ghanchi
    when looking at the coverage map...does it show lite 4g wimax? or strong 4g wimax...did you take the unit outside...i have seen people take there unit 1 block away from the home and get a signal....

if we can't get the phone to find a 4g wimax signal...

the msl code is just a reset...if your out of range its not going to change anything...try going a block down the road....I have seen people go clear across town to text the 4g signal

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5
    The coverage map shows strong 4G Wimax. I had this phone for 2 months now and I have tried to connect to 4G in several different locations. It has never picked up 4G signal which leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue.
  • FreedomPop UserFreedomPop User FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Adil, it doesn't look like a phone issue. My Evo Design 4G can find and connect to the towers but the towers refuse to provide an address. It seems like this phone's been taken off the Sprint WiMAX network.