**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot Change The Ringtone For Calls Received on My Samsung Galaxy Victory...

I just cannot change the ringtone from "beep beep" to any other option!!!

Starting from the Main Menu on the home screen I go to Settings - Device-Sound - Ringtone and Notifications - Device. I see many ringtones listed including "Beep Beep" (which is what my phone does currently when a call comes in). I select one of the other ringtones by tapping it...the check box indicates its selection and finally I press "OK". The new ringtone I have selected now shows up as the selected ringtone. Next to test it out I call my cell from my landline and guess what...my cell alerts me of the call with a "beep beep" ringtone!!!

I do the whole procedure over selecting yet another ringtone and get the same result. I simply cannot change the damn ringtone from beep beep to any other ringtone!!

So...you bright people, who can tell me what I'm doing wrong here???

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    From what you have say, you did not do anything wrong. Try power off and take out the battery. Put it back in and power up the phone. Go try to set your ringtone again, see if it work then. If not we try other ideals.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @William Macneill
    there is no way to change it per caller...not yet. usually you can go to the contact list and change it per person...but it fails and you end up with the original ringtone..

try as brain suggested...if this don't work...

also make sure the phone is in sleep mode...I don't think it will ring with the screen open....

if the above don't work, I know a few tricks that might...but one at a time... :)

good luck

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try a simple reboot?
  • William MacneillWilliam Macneill Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried both a simple reboot and a battery removal/reinsert boot. Same problem. Thanks for the thought though!!
    @njfulwider5‌
    Joe...
    I just want to change the default ringtone from the current "beep beep" to one of the other listed ringtones provided in the sound settings section.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I have another ideal, it seem that the setting from the phone is not effecting the messaging app. Go to the messaging app and open the side bar. Go to setting > easy configuration >tab Integrate with Android

Messaging App
    Setting > Easy Configuration >tab "Integrate with Android"

Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @William Macneill
    try what brian mentioned...make sure this is correct on the messaging setting

i know its something simple

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@‌ Brian McPherson
    Thanks for the reply!! I tried your suggestion, but I found that "Integrate with Android" was already checked. While I was in that settings area I also selected "User Interface" (where you can tweak certain settings. The first such item on the list was "Ringtone (default ringtone for SIP calls)". That was set to the "default ringtone" and I changed it to one of the other ringtones. It didn't have any effect, however, on my regular incoming default ringtone which remains the "beep beep" sound. Sigh... Besdies I'm not really knowing much about SIP calls anyway.

Thanks again, though. People like you are very helpful to us amateurs!!
    @William Macneill
    do you get the beep with the phone in sleep mode too

@njfulwider5‌
    Yes...I get the beep beep in sleep mode also.
  • Rick MulloyRick Mulloy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Maybe you could try a third party ringtone app like Zedge. I am pretty sure they are in Google play store.
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
    @William Macneill
    I am going to do some investigating on this and see what I can come up with...I know its something simple...it has to be