**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

WIFI Calls failing

PriceMiser94PriceMiser94 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I have two different broadband connections in my home. My main connection is bridged and firewalled through a linksys WRT54G, I have the IP range setup as a 10.100.99.xxx (gateway 10.100.99.49), browsing & text work fine, ALL calls on the S III fail. As soon as I switch it over to cellular or to my backup wifi router with IP 192.168.xxx.xxx everything works. Do I need to open ports on my firewall or is this a bug in freedompop app?

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PriceMiser94‌ I actually have the same router you have. Try to do a factory reset on it to unblock any blocked ports or connections by going into the back of the router, and find the red RESET hole. Press it for 15 seconds and let it do its work.

If it doesn't work, log back into the router and turn the firewall off and also make sure no ports (specifically TCP and UDP) are blocked,
  • PriceMiser94PriceMiser94 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    just tested this on the ipad and it worked fine, is this an app or galaxy issue?
    @PriceMiser94‌ I think this is an android issue, either UDP or TCP is blocked and you need to get it unblocked :-)

Otherwise just clear the app cache and try again to see if it works. Go to Settings -> Application manager -> FreedomPop Messaging -> Clear data & Clear cache
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    @PriceMiser94‌ , can you tell me what the IP and wifi connections is on the S3 and the iPad because I think it IP or router problem relating to the bridge router. You have 10.0.0.0 network on the bridge router and 192.198.0.0 network on the other router.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also try to do a force stop clear cache on the play store app too

You can also try a profile and PRL update if the above don't fix

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PriceMiser94‌ ,
    Let's see if I got all you stated right. Two routers, two wifi's, are they interconnected or independent of each other ? Is either wifi built in to the respective router? I suspect the alt is built in. The main is separate units. Have you had successful wifi connections to main before ? If no, suspect bridging is incorrect. Check & validate the default route.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting problem. I'm going to lurk on this thread to learn what the solution is.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭
    Bridging a router to another router is not setup right can cause issues. I do not know if this is the case because I do not know all the detail of the router setup. I know I would not set up a class A network with class C network like this one is set up.
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    let me try to clear the air a bit...

Galaxy S III on WifI network #1, chrome browsing and text working, voice calls fail Ipad 3, same Wifi network #1, IOS 7, Freedompop app - working fine.

Steps Performed:
    - PRL and profile updated, (one of the first few steps.)
    - Sprint Cell network, all functions work properly
    - force stop & phone reboot, several times on several different attempts
    - cleared data & cache several times on several different attempts

WiFi setup #1:
    a) DSL Modem #1 Zyxel - bridge mode - passes everything to Linksys
    b) WRT54G, un-modded factory software (v1.00.04)
    c) local ip set/default gateway for 10.100.99.49, subnet 255.255.255.0
    d) ports forwarding currently opened 5900 TCP (vnc) & 25565 TCP (minecraft)
    e) no other special routing in Linksys
    f) VPN passthrough ENABLED: IPSEC, PPTP, L2TP
    g) firewall: Block Anonymous requests, Filter Multicast, Filter IDENT (Port 113)

Wifi setup#2:
    a) DSL Modem - Westell A90-7500 modem/wireless gateway
    b) default ip scheme 192.168.1.1
    c) Security Level set - low
    d) Security - services - ALG: FTP, PPTP, IPSEC
    e) port forwarding / port triggering: None

***1 - These are separate networks with nothing shared between them. I have not tried to default the Linksys - this is my main network with all my devices currently running on it.

***2a - all functions on S III work with wifi off
    ***2b - all functions on S III and Ipad work on Wifi #2
    ***2c - all functions on ipad work on Wifi #1
    ***2d - text works, calls fail on S III on Wifi #1
    @PriceMiser94‌ You're going to need to connect a VPN to fix this issue
    Linksys WiFi setup 1
    OK, FP VoIP app works off both TCP and UDP. You need these ports forward also. You need "Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)" port forward also 5060 TCP/UDP & 5061 TCP/UDP. Reference; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol

Your need to port forward RTP range as well. RTP port range is 16384 - 32767.
    Reference;https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10718041/rtp-port-range

Unless you using VPN on another application, this is not need. Remember, VoIP use only SIP and RTP for the app.

DSL router 2
    Your DSL router looks fine; thinks, did not know.

NAS router do and can cause problem with the voice part of the VoIP FP app. You will need the right ports and port range setup for the best performance.
    [email protected]

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

let me try to clear the air a bit...

Galaxy S III on WifI network #1, chrome browsing and text working, voice calls fail Ipad 3, same Wifi network #1, IOS 7, Freedompop app - working fine.

Steps Performed:
    - PRL and profile updated, (one of the first few steps.)
    - Sprint Cell network, all functions work properly
    - force stop & phone reboot, several times on several different attempts
    - cleared data & cache several times on several different attempts

WiFi setup #1:
    a) DSL Modem #1 Zyxel - bridge mode - passes everything to Linksys
    b) WRT54G, un-modded factory software (v1.00.04)
    c) local ip set/default gateway for 10.100.99.49, subnet 255.255.255.0
    d) ports forwarding currently opened 5900 TCP (vnc) & 25565 TCP (minecraft)
    e) no other special routing in Linksys
    f) VPN passthrough ENABLED: IPSEC, PPTP, L2TP
    g) firewall: Block Anonymous requests, Filter Multicast, Filter IDENT (Port 113)

Wifi setup#2:
    a) DSL Modem - Westell A90-7500 modem/wireless gateway
    b) default ip scheme 192.168.1.1
    c) Security Level set - low
    d) Security - services - ALG: FTP, PPTP, IPSEC
    e) port forwarding / port triggering: None

***1 - These are separate networks with nothing shared between them. I have not tried to default the Linksys - this is my main network with all my devices currently running on it.

***2a - all functions on S III work with wifi off
    ***2b - all functions on S III and Ipad work on Wifi #2
    ***2c - all functions on ipad work on Wifi #1
    ***2d - text works, calls fail on S III on Wifi #1

wow lets me take a few and see what I can come up with...Brian Mc....is very very good at network issues....he might know w thing or 2 about this

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I will try some of the listed ideas... still flustered on why the ipad would work without further router configuration but yet the S III is faulting. Do they not use the same protocols across their respective native apps and OS's?
    I think they both use 2 different type of app...the android uses Csipsimple and the androids use something else...I can't remember the name off head

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PriceMiser94‌ , wow ! Excellent description.

I've thought of more things to ask....
    Is messenger registered with the FP servers ? I tried to answer this on my Victory, I see my login email & FP phone number. Not sure if that is clue that it's registered. Can any Pro weigh in here with how to tell if Messenger has registered or not ?
    Can you see the display of your email & phone number in messenger on wifi #1?
    If a call from elsewhere to you comes in will it ring ? If so can you answer it? If so can either party hear the other ?
    What happens when you attempt to call out? Any errors ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

I think they both use 2 different type of app...the android uses Csipsimple and the androids use something else...I can't remember the name off head

let me fix my post

the android uses Csipsimple and the Iphones/apple use something else...I can't remember the name off head--sorry

To fix @njfulwider5‌ 's memory, iPhones use Linphone. You're welcome.

@PriceMiser94‌ If you unblock all the ports and let it go unrestricted you're going to not have issues with calling or texting. If you have already done so... your phone must hate your router!!

@Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ Before we had the FP icon in the top left, however they did away with it. To really tell if it registered, if you press the menu button and try to refresh the data, it won't go through. Just to be sure, if when calling it stays at calling but doesnt start dialing out, or if it always hangs up then that means its not connected to FP due to a network issue

let me fix my post

the android uses Csipsimple and the Iphones/apple use something else...I can't remember the name off head--sorry
    hey I found it Linphone just had to look threw my notes

@shirl - here is my discussion about trouble with wifi calling
    I have tried 3 different networks, they are set with the default residential DSL modem IP settings...
    The IPs assigned by each of these networks.

on the WIFI #1 network still having the issue assigned me 10.100.99.24,
    also the WRT54G is not going to block outgoing traffic by default. I have not setup any rules that would block outgoing traffic.

- has anyone gone to their local Home Depot / Staples / Lowes Home Improvement stores and tried to use their public WiFi's? I know these stores are using more advanced networking that do not give the standard 192.168.x.x IP schemes. I will confirm but I do believe they give you a private firewalled IP when using their public wifi connection.
    -
    I am going try to get to these stores over the next few days and report back. I am leaning toward this issue being a non standard IP scheme that Android does not like.

I have tried 3 different networks, they are set with the default residential DSL modem IP settings...
    The IPs assigned by each of these networks.

on the WIFI #1 network still having the issue assigned me 10.100.99.24,
    also the WRT54G is not going to block outgoing traffic by default. I have not setup any rules that would block outgoing traffic.

- has anyone gone to their local Home Depot / Staples / Lowes Home Improvement stores and tried to use their public WiFi's? I know these stores are using more advanced networking that do not give the standard 192.168.x.x IP schemes. I will confirm but I do believe they give you a private firewalled IP when using their public wifi connection.
    -
    I am going try to get to these stores over the next few days and report back. I am leaning toward this issue being a non standard IP scheme that Android does not like.

@PriceMiser94‌ , you need to assign the first three numbers of the IP the same, you only need the last number to be difference.
    Example

You have 253 available IP to use for DHCP server to use. No need to use different numbers in the third slot . You have three IP showing two I think is your routers, what is the third IP for, your laptop? And is this DHCP server assign IP for your laptop? Or you enter this yourself. If you enter the any IP as static IP and the others as DHCP IP. it will not work. All much be static IP or all much be DHCP IP. I do not know all the details of your network setup, so this is exter information for you.

DHCP server assign a IP for you. No need to assign one for your laptop. Can you label what IP go to what device?
    [email protected]