why does my phone upgrade every time I turn it on.

Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
Every time I turn on my phone it goes through this script where it updates about 30 aps. Is this normal and why does it do that. I seems that if it upgraded once before that it would stay updated?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton If your phone is a Freedompop branded phone this behavior is normal for a victory phone. Some of the Victory phone were set up to automatically update the profile and PRL every time the phone is powered on. Most other phones you have to do this update manually.

To confirm this is the case go to settings -> more -> system update. If you do not see the update prl and update profile option then that is the case.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton
    If your talking about the messaging app
    when you first turn on the app after the device has been off..the messaging app does this kind of update. Since the last 2 updates, this has become the norm and nothing to worry about--it only happens on the androids--and the freedompop messaging app

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• @Simeon Walton

I just wanted to follow-up with you to make sure your questions were answered by Njful and Richard! Thanks team!
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Njfulwider5 I have seen the message that Simeon is referring to. Because the victory boots up slow (in my opinion) there is time to see a message box while the phone is booting with a message something like "updating x of y apps". Nothing to be worried about as this is normal for the Samsung Victory.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a normal issue and is able to be disabled from Google Play
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen
    yep either one....there is also a new message that has been appearing when you have your phone off...and you start it up...click the messaging app--->>you get the freedompop log in the middle of the screen, and it says updating in the top....

its a weird messaging and it just started on the messaging app...

so it looks like no matter which one, both are normal :)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. It just seems odd that it has to cycle through 30 apps to update them when they are all up to date. I would like to disable this function. Thanks Ali for your post.
    Sy