**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

The FreedomPop ROM

BeejBeej FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
I extracted this from my wife's S3 we bought thru FP. Turns out FP phones are already rooted so the actual extraction of the ROM was easier than I thought it would be. I installed this over a stock, rooted, Sprint ROM. If you need that, go here. The kernel in my previous ROM (Wicked X) turned out to be incompatible.

This ROM runs on an ND8 boot loader. If you don't know if you are on that standard check out this thread.

Of course, if you do this you might ruin your phone and will definately void the warranty to install at your own risk.

This version is stock. I only added a ringtone. I will be tweaking some elements of it and enhancing it during my time off next week.

Merry Christmas everyone!

You should be able to download it here.

Comments

• BeejBeej FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    So, I got suspended temporarily from public links on Dropbox. It's fixed for now but I'll try to find a better home for the file so the link doesn't break again.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beej‌ Congrats on getting it working, I wish I could get the ROM for the S2 so it wouldnt suck at battery :-)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Holidays Beej, awesome post

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Here's a better link to use. Also forgot to mention that you should go into recovery, wipe the cache, dalvic and reset your device before you flash the ROM, but hopefully if you're interested in flashing a ROM you're somewhat familiar with all that.
  • Rick MulloyRick Mulloy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    So you can use Odin to load it?
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
    @Beej‌ THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEEDZ A ROM THANKS YOURE AWESOME! 5 points for you :-)

Thank you so much! Now all I need is an S3 ;)
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ali ‌ have you heard the term: putting the cart before the horse ?
    Or is that obtaining the ROM before the S3 ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rick Mulloy

You don't need Odin, do it right from the phone. Save the ROM to your ext SD and then just go into recovery on your phone, reset the device and install from there.
    @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ Lolol... so true. Maybe I am also trying to obtain the service before the phone as well lolol
    @Ali
    Why do you need an android? I should think that your iPhone is enough isn't it? If you want an S3 Email me. I don't want to say on here Because they are a competitor.
    @Rick Mulloy‌ I like to have both an iPhone and an android because I am a developer and that requires me to be able to program for both systems... I currently own an S2 however my brother now uses it as his phone lol... time for simulating Android ;)

PM sent btw.
    Message and e-mail sent
  • DaveTalksDaveTalks FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    What did they do to make this a "custom ROM" is it still that ugly touch wiz crap? ATM using cyanogen 11 m12
    @Rick Mulloy‌ Thanks, I got it. Ur officially Da Man!

@DaveTalks‌ No, they got rid of that crap a long time ago and it is Android with a FreedomPop skin to it as well as optimizations to disable 1xRTT for regular calls.
  • William DoerflerWilliam Doerfler FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Been looking for this. KIES updated my S3 to the latest Sprint firmware without my knowledge. Phone works pretty well, but it ain't 'RIGHT' and I've been looking for a way to put it back to what it should be.
  • William DoerflerWilliam Doerfler FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Turns out there isn't an FP ROM. It's just the stock Sprint ROM with custom boot images, sounds, and rename (or flat out disable) some of the built-in apps.
  • OBTonyDOBTonyD FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Thanks, Beej, but . . . I can't seem to enable wifi. This is a huge deal. Suggestions, anyone?