Modem will not connect

NocturnophileNocturnophile Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I just received/activated my FreedomHub Burst home modem but it will not connect/receive a signal. The coverage map shows I am in the service area but it has been 2 days and I am still not connected. Can someone help?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nocturnophile‌
    can I have you zip code-sometimes 2 sets of eyes can see something missed the first time. Have you tried moving the modem to another room. Maybe move it where it has great line of site to a windows---away from trees and other buildings?
    Figured we can start small...I am sure other tips will show..

Happy Holidays

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• NocturnophileNocturnophile Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Modem is right next to a window on the second floor, have tried in multiple locations. I am not going to post my zipcode but I have verified on both the FreedomPop and Sprint coverage maps that it is within a 4g LTE area.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Nocturnophile‌ , the hub you got is 4g WiMax, it is not 4G LTE
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nocturnophile‌ The Hub Burst uses 4G WiMAX and not LTE to connect. If you have no WiMAX then you're Hub will not work.
  • Bill McFarlandBill McFarland Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    It appears the burst is wimax only. My wife bought one and it won't work in Phoenix but will work in DC. Since Wimax is being shutoff in Nov, 2015, they shouldn't be selling these without a disclaimer. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2823672/sprints-long-rocky-wimax-journey-will-end-next-nov-6.html
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bill McFarland
    one year is a long long time away...there is still so much that can happen in a year. Most user will have upgrade every device they use in this year. Most people will have upgraded to LTE..I bet they (freedompop)are waiting for the time to get closer...might also be waiting to see what happens...still to far in the distances to put up disclaimers---My Opinion

I year of free wimax sound great to me...The only thing that is causing problems.-->>.when they decommission a tower--it take sprint forever to update the coverage map-so when people look at the coverage map..sometime they see there is still wimax when there is not...But there not suppose to start decommissioning towers till sometime after this summer..(but we all know how hear say can be)

here is a sprint coverage map..I like to use this map when I am looking for data hotspots....

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

@Nocturnophile‌

This zip code is a easy way of testing without giving a address....but this is your choice. this is sometimes needed when somebody ask for help, makes it real easy to troubleshoot data problems. Please---using your zip code...look at the this link

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

make sure to look at data/not phone.....look for 4G wimax--Not 4G LTE....

Hope you find what your looking for...

Good Luck

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @Nocturnophile‌ Hello Garrett, it appears that your account simply needed to be refreshed on our end, I apologize for this. The Hub should be good to go now! :) Happy Holidays!