**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I CAN'T SEND ANY PHOTOS FROM WHATSAPP AND VIBER ON MY GALAXY S3?

Kadir YILDIZKadir YILDIZ FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
On viber I get an error saying "The selected file appears to be unsupported or corrupted"
and on whatsapp, when I select a file it comes as a greyish icon first and when I try sending it says "Sharing failed please try again"
I cant send pics from the gallery option, neither can I use the camera option given in the apps because while the camera clicks the picture,but the picture doesnt appear anywhere.
The pics dont seem to be corrupted.
I also tried 'clearing data' from the app manager,nothing happened except for losing everything on my viber...
HELP!!!

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you re-install the apps? If this doesn't work, you will need the Non-MSL reset.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭

On viber I get an error saying "The selected file appears to be unsupported or corrupted"
    and on whatsapp, when I select a file it comes as a greyish icon first and when I try sending it says "Sharing failed please try again"
    I cant send pics from the gallery option, neither can I use the camera option given in the apps because while the camera clicks the picture,but the picture doesnt appear anywhere.
    The pics dont seem to be corrupted.
    I also tried 'clearing data' from the app manager,nothing happened except for losing everything on my viber...
    HELP!!!

Try changing the resolution on the camera. Texting apps sometimes do not like files too big and don't convert them to a lower resolution.
  • Kadir YILDIZKadir YILDIZ FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Yes, I can reinstall the apps. That did not solve the problem. What is a Non-MSL reset? If it is a factory reset, I also tried factory reset. That did not work, too.
    I don't think it is about the camera. Because I also cannot receive and download photos or videos from other people via these applications. I can only receive text messages sent by whatsapp or viber. Is there a possibility that the gallery app is not sharing its files with other apps? Can I change this setting?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like others are having an issue on the S3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-siii-i9300/238406-viber-s3-2.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/304356-whatsapp-camera-issue.html

What version of Android is on it? Settings>About Phone>Android version
    Android version 4.4.2
    Just an idea. Try this from a post below: In camera Settings; set storage to "Ext. SD card". Also, move any older photos you want to share to Ext. SD card.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-grand/355927-whatsapp-receives-photos-but-cannot-send-photos.html

There is a few other things that can be done here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/samsung-user-group-136/s4;-error-message-sharing-failed-please-try-again-4658728.html

I know Samsung ROMs deal with storage oddly. I don't know if that is the reason you are having an issue or not. I will keep searching....
    What do they mean by "custom ROM" in this link
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/samsung-user-group-136/s4;-error-message-sharing-failed-please-try-again-4658728.html. ? Can I use that custom random? How?
    It seems a custom ROM has better success with those programs. But this is not the forum to discuss it (at least I cannot go into it :smiley: ). You may find all the answers you need and more below if you are brave enough to do it. You will find new life for your S3 if you do!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-sprint/help

There should be another way to solve this problem. I don't think freedom pop works with custom ROMs. The problem is not about specific programs. Viber, what's app, skype, Evernote...none of them can open or share any photos or videos. So, I think it is a problem about gallery app. Or a download/upload problem?

There should be another way to solve this problem. I don't think freedom pop works with custom ROMs. The problem is not about specific programs. Viber, what's app, skype, Evernote...none of them can open or share any photos or videos. So, I think it is a problem about gallery app. Or a download/upload problem?

I have few FreedomPop phones that work just fine with custom ROMs. That said, I agree that it should work with the stock Samsung TouchWiz ROM. Do you have a SD card in it? Whatever the answer is, turn off the phone and either add the SD Card or remove it. Then try it again. The stock Samsung ROM drives me nuts on the Tab that I have too!
  • Joel Joel FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    S3 with Android 4.4.2. I have the same problem. Unable to SEND and/or RECEIVE a picture in Whatsapp. Even downloading an image from Google drive fails. I can download other files from Drive successfully.
    I know for sure it is not the resolution or size of the image - tested it out. I tried moving images to an external SD card, still issues persists. Any help from the Freedompop admins helps a lot. Appreciate your time.
    Joel said:

S3 with Android 4.4.2. I have the same problem. Unable to SEND and/or RECEIVE a picture in Whatsapp. Even downloading an image from Google drive fails. I can download other files from Drive successfully.
    I know for sure it is not the resolution or size of the image - tested it out. I tried moving images to an external SD card, still issues persists. Any help from the Freedompop admins helps a lot. Appreciate your time.

It seems like a Samsung TouchWiz error. Did you try any of the things from the links I posted 7 posts up?
  • Joel Joel FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Sorry about the delay in responding.
    The solution is as I read in another thread (may be by you), installing the FolderMount (ROOT) app from the Play Store. I just installed and opened it, din't do any mount. As I opened the FolderMount app, it said that it recognized a discrepancy and wanted my permission to correct it. Once corrected, it asked me to restart the phone. On restart, I was able to receive & send pics in all affected apps.
  • karunyah parchurikarunyah parchuri FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    Hey Everyone this one is for those who r still having the problem in downloading &uploading of photos.
    Go to
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/3660/whatsapp-on-galaxy-s4
    see the comment of Anurag Murarka
    ie,,
    Download "Folder Mount[Root]" app and install it - Then just hit Ok when you open it when it reports that there's an some issue with folder structure. It should fix your problem. My Whatsapp, kindle and other apps on S4 are now able to download/upload media.

i have galaxy S3 freedompop...it also worked for me.That really made magic in my phone.i am so happy.As per now i have no problems with my phone...i am very much happy to share this to u all.All the best guys...My hearty thanks to Anurag Murarka.