**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

ZTE Force phone - Can it not text without an SD card?

elcaleboelcalebo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I've just signed up to Freedom Pop and bought the ZTE Force phone. But when I try to text, I get the following error message: "Please insert an SD card to use all features of the app." Do I need to buy an SD card just to text? That seems ridiculous and a massive technological regression. Does anyone know how I can get texting to work without buying an SD card?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elcalebo‌
    Take a peek at the user guide that just got released by Freedompop...Just Dbl check and make sure you phone doesn't already have one....Most phone this is std(they come with a sd card)

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/force/force_by_sprint_ug.pdf

if not you can get these pretty cheap at Office depot, or frys....

Sounds like your phone needs the sd card, because you have ran out of the normal space(apps or what ever)....it is probably saving the text to the sd card, instead of the phone to save space...

if you find you phone does have a sd card, maybe pull it out and put it back in and re-seat...

Please contact me if you need further help

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• elcaleboelcalebo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks @njfulwider5; that's really useful.

However, a couple of things:

1) The phone didn't come with an SD card, but it seems like I shouldn't need one. My phone hard drive has a capacity of 2.40GB, which is fine for my purposes. 1.7GB of this is free space currently (or so it claims).

2) I'm trying to have a look in the text messaging settings to see if I can change where it tries to store messages. The user guide on page 61 gives instructions on how I can supposedly get to message settings. But when I press the button I don't get an option for "Settings" - I only get "Compose" and "Delete threads" options. I don't suppose you know why this might be? I guess not if you don't have experience with that particular phone. But does anyone else know?
  • @elcalebo‌ the device will need an SD card because our app has reliance on external storage when dealing with the ZTE Force
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
    @lolabee - OK, thanks; that makes sense. And do I have to use that texting app?
    Also; if I do need to buy a card, will this one be compatible with my phone? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I can't figure it out from Google. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/954270/Kingston-4GB-MicroSD-Flash-Card-Class/
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would look for a class 10...stay away from class 4....

the one in the link is a class 10,,,your good to go!!!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

sorry it is compatable

Thanks a lot @nfulwider5 - In light of our conversation on the other thread, I'll try to fix the problem without buying one. But I will keep this in mind and know that I can buy a compatible card quite cheaply if I need to.
    @elcalebo‌
    This is usually the first thing I throw out when I buy a FP phone..I have only found class 4s in them-Class 4 have so much trouble running any type of apps we have these days....its only good for music...and half the time...not good for the app using the music.....

Stay away from ebay when purchasing...tons of fakes floating there...if you want to test your card...try plugging it into your pc and use h2testw....Might tell you if the card is defective....

Hope this helps

For the record, I figured out the problem. The original version of the app that comes with the phone works without an SD card, but the latest version does not. So if anyone else has this problem, I recommend you uninstall updates on the messaging app and manually prevent it from updating, at least until you can procure an SD card.

Many thanks for your help @njfulwider5 and @LolaBee.

Unfortunately I now have yet another problem with texting on this phone, but I suppose I'll start a new thread about that.