**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What to do when you've run into a dead end?

crcurriecrcurrie Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I've had my FP phone service for more than a few weeks now (BYOD Samsung Galaxy S3), and have benefited from this community in trying to solve a couple vexing technical problems. However, I'm still left with a number of issues:

1. I haven't been able to port my phone number nor cancel my porting request.
2. On many calls, I can hear the person on the other end but he/she can't hear me, or can only hear if I scream.
3. Calls are sometimes dropped, even when I'm stationary and on WiFi.
4. Sometimes I have to reboot the phone before making a second call, because the phone tells me "multiple calls aren't allowed on this service." Updating my profile helped considerably, but it still happens occasionally.
5. I can only make and receive calls on WiFi or 4G LTE. However, I'm usually out of range of WiFi and 4G LTE service is a bit spotty, even though I'm close to a major metropolis. Often I only have 3G coverage, but I cannot place a call on the 3G network, for some unknown reason. Ditto with downloading data.

Since I use this phone for my business, I'm really hurting right now and need to make a change. But I'm financially strapped (which is why I switched from PagePlus -- another cut-rate provider -- to FreedomPop to begin with) and now stuck with a Sprint phone I purchased to use with this plan. The only other bargain service on the Sprint network appears to be Republic Wireless, but I have to buy an expensive Republic phone to use them -- I can't BYOD.

Does anyone know of a cheap alternative to FP that has better service but also will activate a Sprint phone?

Chris

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crcurrie
    if you having issues with the 3g---try to update the profile and PRL

after you do this, take a peek at this post--dbl check the setting in the post with the setting in your phone(messaging app)

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14/p1

Hit me up afterwards, with any issues that remain...these should alleviate 70-90% of the problems..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @crcurrie Let me pull you into a PM thread and I will ad an admin to look at your porting problem.
  • crcurriecrcurrie Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 Thanks, I went through your thoroughly documented tips. I'd already done a PRL and Profile update before, which mostly fixed the problem of not being able to make more than one call without rebooting. I updated them again, however.

On the tips list, everything was as you recommended except that I had to switch to "Always available" from "Available on WiFi". Maybe that will make a difference. I was not able to find Internet Calling anywhere on my Galaxy S3.

I'm on Wifi now so I'll wait until I'm on the road to test 3G calling to see if it works now, and time will tell if any of the other issues have resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crcurrie‌
    Fingers crossed!!!! :) Richard is the Man when it comes to any kinds of porting issues...you should hit him on the porting problems...Please keep me informed on the other issues

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop