**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

new month; solid blue light; getting Sprint Activation - 3G not enabled; just want 4G

not happy. this shouldn't be so difficult. why is there a redirect to setup3g.freedompop.com?

Comments

• pacos44pacos44 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    note that when I enter mifi.mlp I don't get there: on Kindle Fire Silk, just get the 3g redirect; on iPad Safari just get DNS lookup failed.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pacos44‌
    This could be caused by a few things...

Have you attempted a update of the profile and PRL yet?

another could be the coverage area or maybe the line of site to the device. Make sure you are near a window, with no trees blocking signal...maybe take outside to test. I have even seen other members take the device clear across town to test.

make sure your in the 3g/4g coverage..Please take a peek at data/not phone..

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

if neither of the above works--try a reset,,,poking a paperclip in the reset button...

and last--we'll have to ask a customer service rep to check your account. Numbers are in my signature. I can also send a shout out to a admin...

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    On your iPad, you may want to change DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 to fix a DNS issue, however if it won't work then it means that your device isn't assigned properly to the free plan.
  • FRANK SEITERFRANK SEITER Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Ali, my account plan shows as 500mb free. When I switched to that on Dec 18, it cut my usage off at 700mb... which I'd gotten on the initial sign up plan. Is there somewhere else in the fp web where I can confirm the assignment?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    pacos44 said:

not happy. this shouldn't be so difficult. why is there a redirect to setup3g.freedompop.com?

Are you still having issues?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Yes. With fine blue connectivity, I'm directed to the setup3g dataplan page at fp. my plan is 500mb free. I don't want to be forced to a $3.99 a month "pro 500mb plan". I'm in a 4g zone.
    interesting action: (888) 731-1555 "if you have an existing account and wish to cancel or downgrade, please press 1 otherwise press 2" ... press 2 and call disconnects!
    @pacos44‌ Try another number when not in service hours as that one only connects 9-5 PDT
    @ali... I called at 1030 PDT... I was in service hours.
    @pacos44‌ Wow... thanks for the heads up. Looks like they're doing maintainance on that number so hopefully it will work soon :-)
  • StLouisMan2StLouisMan2 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali It looks like I'm having the same problem as @pacos44 . I have the Freedom Spot MiFi 4082 that I transferred to the Free 500 MB of data per month plan. It had been working just fine for a couple of months until the last 2 weeks. It shows solid Blue, but it is not broadcasting any signal. My Nexus Tablet, for example, says that 3G needs to dealt with. So I connected it to the computer and tried to update Profile and PRL, but it won't connect or find anything. The icon just keeps spinning around until the admin sign in times out and tells me to click OK to sign in again. I checked the Sprint coverage map and I'm in a 4G hotspot. I even did the reset with a paper clip. Plus I got through to Support on the phone. They escalated my problem and I received an email from them the next day telling me to do the PRL and Profile updates after I told them I already did that. I want the free data and I am not going to pay $3.95 a month for 3G data.

How can I get satisfaction? I should either get a refund or they should send me a Photon.
    @StLouisMan2‌
    profile and prl update---

if you have any more issues just PM me

• Luke Van MeterLuke Van Meter Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

@StLouisMan2‌
    profile and prl update---

if you have any more issues just PM me

Why are you sharing the same thing that pacos44 has tried many times already? Don't you see that this has already been suggested and that it didn't work?

I have exactly the same issue as pacos44. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I've tried every customer service number multiple times, during business hours, and spent more than two hours on the line waiting. I still have not spoken with anyone. The "dial 1 for a call back" feature doesn't work and I also have not received a reply to my email. The lack of support here is absurd. It seems there's only one answer to everything: update PRL. Well what if there are bugs that keep you from doing that?? And what if you're getting the blue 4G light so 3G problems should be irrelevant??

PLEASE HELP. I'VE WASTED SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO GET MY DEVICE TO WORK.
  • Clinton GrahamClinton Graham Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I purchased the MiFi 4082 during the sale in September, and it worked great at first. It recently stopped working exactly as described above (still reports connected at 4G but redirects to the setup3g screen). I've emailed support about it twice, but without response.

I just found this Sprint announcement from October:
    http://www.nasdaq.com/article/sprint-to-discontinue-wimax-in-15-focus-on-lte-deployment-analyst-blog-cm400307
    Sprint had previously halted the WiMax rollout, and now they are actually removing the towers. Pittsburgh (my location) was WiMax capable when I purchased, but I bet our towers are being discontinued per the announcement.

It's not cool to sell a device you know will soon be useless. Freedompop ought to replace these with a functional model.
    edited December 2014 #16
    @bluenovember‌
    This is suppose to happen around Nov 6, 2015...not anytime soon....there is allot that can happen in a year....

Have you attempted any of the above troubleshooting ideas?

freedompop will be offering a credit on devices that are traded in on the lte devices they have. To find out for sure, you should contact a admin or Customer service

(888) 915-2647---(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184

(855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518

(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT.

@Jorge M. @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌
    can anybody take a peek at bluenovembers account and see if it needs anything done on your end?

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌
    Is this the situation that Ali mentioned to us earlier today?
    edited December 2014 #18
    @djinks‌
    might be....but we should always try and troubleshoot before we decide anything else... ;)

there's been no admin to tell me different...and I've been able to fix a couple of them--if after I try..I can't get no results...I contact a admin.....

@djinks‌
    This can also be caused by---being out of data----being out of the service 3g area....non-activation....and a few others....Billing? account sync...

Process of elimination is the only way to figure it out for sure

@djinks This is the situation I was mentioning. @njfulwider5‌ did a great job with troubleshooting however if you get a redirect to setupwhatever.freedompop.com even after a reset or a PRL upgrade, that fix I pushed to the Pros should work (it does in my experience).
  • Clinton GrahamClinton Graham Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd tried updating the PRL and Profile before posting, and I've just gone through a factory reset as well. The situation remains the same for me. Checking Sprint's coverage map, I'm in a "Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Best" area. Clearly the 4082 thinks it's 4G connected, but all traffic remains redirected to setup3g.
    @Clinton Graham‌ I have issued a Bulletin for this issue since it is very common. Please click here to try to see if it fixes your data, every time someone has tried it it worked. Please let me know :-)
    @Clinton Graham
    guess its time to call in the admins

anyway we can fix up clintons account on your side?

@njfulwider5‌ The link posted is the answer for everyone in my experience, lets hope it works for the OP. w00t w00t :)

@Clinton Graham
    guess its time to call in the admins

anyway we can fix up clintons account on your side?

never know....lets stop flooding the thread and let the admins work it out...or your link

• Luke Van MeterLuke Van Meter Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Clinton Graham‌ I have issued a Bulletin for this issue since it is very common. Please click here to try to see if it fixes your data, every time someone has tried it it worked. Please let me know :-)

The link took me here:

This seems more like a promotional offer than a bug fix. Is this the page you intended, or am I being redirected for some reason?