Text messages

I have the victory phone and can only send +receive text from my contact list. Is there a setting i'm missing?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @James Brunelle To send a text to someone not in your contact list try this.
    1) launch Freedompop messaging
    2) when in the texting tab tap compose
    3) you should now have the virtual typewriter. tap the 123/symbol to bring up the number entry and type in the number you want to text. The number should now appear in the To: line tap ok to enter text message
    4) when finished with message tap send
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to clear the cache of the Messaging app by going into Settings > Applications > FreedomPop Messaging > Force Close / Clear data (and cache if it is visible)
  • James BrunelleJames Brunelle Posts: 57FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Richard but I can only send and receive “mobile-to-mobile” text
    no commercial text from business,web etc
    Is the FP text service limited to just mobile to mobile text?.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is limited to ten digit numbers. If it's short 5 digit, that's MMS and is not supported, yet. They are trying to add it in future month sometime.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    "Try to clear the cache of the Messaging app by going into Settings > Applications > FreedomPop Messaging > Force Close / Clear data (and cache if it is visible) "

Thanks but it didn't help
    Anybody else have a any answer?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @James Brunelle‌ The FP messaging app can text only from Mobile to Mobile. MMS messaging isn't supported. As for the contacts list issue, if a reinstall does not help, then you may need to do a factory reset of the phone.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @James Brunelle
    Instead of clear cache try clear data....and if this don't work on the messaging app, turn around and do the same to the Play store app....Make sure to log in after your done...

also, if you have not updated your app...and it still has the older version that came with the phone. There is a chance you need to update to most up to date version..

Take a peek at this post....Might find something useful inside of it..

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14#latest

Hope this helps..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop