**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why does my phone continue to indicate "Activation Required"

I recently purchased a Gal 3, it was activated and issued a temporary phone number which worked fine for a day. I went into Freedom pop web site and requested my old number to be ported. Since then I have not been able to make or receive calls.

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you elaborate just a little more? Did the port go through successfully? Please let me know.
  • Lman BizLman Biz FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    @James One thing you can check is your actual account. See what the "current" phone number it shows on there. You can either log into the website, or do it on the Freedompop messaging app. On the app, if you pull the three lines at the top left, it will show you your account name and phone number. Check to see if you even have a phone number at this point. Porting numbers usually doesn't take that long, as I am guessing these big companies to things in a batch mode. They process bunches of things at a time, to organize workload on their systems. This is "probably" why it takes 3 hours for freedompop to update things. But....porting a number shouldn't really take more then a half a day, max a day. If it doesn't get done by then, something is probably stuck or hung up somewhere. Once the information is in the system, a person can manually port a number in a manner of seconds, as long as everything is lined up. When you port from ATT for example, you need certain account info, and if one little thing is missing or incorrect, your request gets LOST in the system. Then it is a nightmare to figure things out, and the porting company usually won't contact your and tell you something is wrong. So..you wait hours, days, and maybe even a few weeks, before you call and try to figure out what is wrong. Sometimes, you get will an answer of "its processing", but they don't actually check to see if there any issues with the request. This happens with all companies I have dealt with in the past, so your biggest asset is YOURSELF.

Also, you "might" need to reactivate the phone via the settings, since the number has changed. One other thing to make sure of, is when the port is done, make sure the same ICCID number is associated with the phone. That is just something to verify. Since your phone isn't working, you need to check all the basics.

Good luck to you.