**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Text messaging stopped working a few days after getting new phone

elcaleboelcalebo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I've just signed up to Freedom Pop and bought the ZTE Force phone. I sent one or two texts the day it arrived, which worked fine. But since then, whenever I try to send a text message, I get the following error message: "Please insert an SD card to use all features of the app." However, my phone hard drive is less than half full and still has over 1.5GB of free space. So I shouldn't need an SD card, should I?

Someone on another forum recommended I try another texting app, like Textra. So I downloaded Textra,

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elcalebo‌
    how much free space does it say you have on the SD card? if it says 0, there is a chance you have a defective Card..

Go to settings and take a quick peek...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elcalebo‌ This is an ongoing bug which Development is probably taking care of. Usually this happens for picture messaging in case you want to send a picture or video, you don't have to worry about any features that will or won't work as all this issue concerns is multimedia.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.
  • elcaleboelcalebo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I sent this too early by accident, what I meant to say in the last paragraph was this: "Someone on another forum recommended I try another texting app, like Textra. So I downloaded Textra, but that won't work for texts either. It comes back "You are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120"." But I think I have the answer to this already: I saw on another forum that Freedom Pop doesn't work with other texting apps.

Anyway... @njfulwider5 and @Ali - thanks for your responses. I don't have an SD card. And this is just with normal text messages. The strange thing is I did send at least one text message successfully on the first day, but since then it doesn't work.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it a error code 2120....look in your native dialers text message/maybe voice...add the number causing the error 2120 as a contact...than block the contact...

this usually goes away after a week or so....its is sprint and your phone communicating...You phone when first activated will sometime do this every 20 mins....sometimes every hour.....

Is this what is happen to your?

this 2120 has nothing to do with freedompop messaging...

hit me up if you can not block--I have to find a old post, but I believe there is also a app you can use to block this number

Sprint calls it Can't Send Text Message error 2120

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Hmmm, very interesting. It is indeed an error code 2120. I have blocked the number like you said, but my texts are still not arriving at their destinations (I just don't get the error messages anymore). At least not yet. Maybe it will come right after a week or so, like you said? Very strange situation. Anyway, thanks very much @njfulwider5.
    @elcalebo‌
    no problem....this can be a nuisance...but its fixable... :)

feel free to @sign me if you have anymore questions

@njfulwider5‌

Thanks! Do you have any more advice at this point, or should I just wait and see if it comes right?
    edited December 2014 #9
    @elcalebo‌
    Have you tried---force stop and clear cache?

I am not to familiar with the rom on the zte yet

Settings>>>>>Applications>>>>application managment

find the Freedompop app....

open and Force stop...than clear cache....not clear data, go back and log back into the app

also do this on the play store....if you have---clear cache not highlighted...just go back and logged into the app.....

also make sure you have your background sync enabled for Google

dbl check all the above and let me know if it made any difference...

take a peek at this post...i created it to talk about the app, and it ended up being a tips and tricks....

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14/p1

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually if 9230 sends you a message 2120, its your phone trying to send Sprint or some other carrier a SMS message but it is being blocked.

If messages aren't coming in, this probably means your messaging app isn't updated to the latest version to allow all the XMPP ports to work right.
    @njfulwider5 - Thanks again. I tried all that and it didn't make any difference. Well, I actually couldn't find the Freedom Pop app in my app settings page (assuming you mean the My Freedom Pop app). But if you meant the FreedomPop messaging app, I was able to force stop that, but it said it doesn't have a cache so I couldn't clear cache. The same thing happened for Textra.

There is another messaging app that came pre-loaded on my phone, which has a green smiley speech bubble for its icon instead of a blue empty speech bubble. That one has the same effect as Textra. And I can't find that one in the settings either. Argh!!!

@Ali - Thanks. But from what I can tell, all my apps and system are up-to-date. Also, I can receive messages OK; just can't send 'em.
  • valdamatovaldamato Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the message You are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120. I tried all the other steps in the forum and texting was not working until I went to settings, more networks, default messaging app and selected hangouts. My texting is working now. And I receive and can make calls. Tomorrow I will try to get my other cell carrier phone number transferred to Freedompop.
    Take a peek at this post, this helps clarifys all freedompop apps...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6260/freedompop-app-identification-android-apple-12-10-2014#latest

also dbl check your settings here...read the post and compare settings in your Messaging app...

here is the post

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14/p1

all settings for the app is there....