Expiring Credit?

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 194 admin
edited May 2015 in Billing #1

Is your FreedomPop credit no longer active?

Not to worry, you can reactivate it! FreedomPop credit becomes inactive if not used within 30 days - but you can easily re-activate this credit at no cost. If your credit has become inactive, please follow these steps:

Sign in to your FreedomPop account and select "Overview" under the "Billing" tab.

Next, select "Credit Balance" below "Recent Transactions".

Lastly, select "Click here to Reactivate".

It may take some time for your credit re-activation to process. If your credit has become inactive, and you cannot find the option to re-activate it through this process, please contact our support team and we’ll ensure your credit is re-activated shortly. 

Thank you for your support!

-FreedomPop Team
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015 #2
    [SNIPPED!]
    Post edited by Ali on
  • Nicholas BellNicholas Bell Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Suggestion: This should be made clearer with different wording on the account page. Support website explicitly says for the "Does my credit balance expire?" question that "Any credit left in your account will stay in your account until it is used up; it doesn't expire and it will rollover to your next billing cycle." Using the term "expired" on the account page is confusing because it contradicts the same term somewhere else.
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    RE:
    Expiring Credit?
    FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 124FreedomPop Admin
    December 2014 edited January 6 in Billing
    "Is your FreedomPop credit no longer active?
    FreedomPop credit becomes inactive if not used within 90 days - but you can easily re-activate this credit at no cost."

The answer to the question, asked at http://support.freedompop.com/, "Does my credit balance expire?", tells me that credit does not expire. It does not tell me that the credit becomes inactive if not used within 90 days. Why is the customer not informed about credit becoming inactive? What happens to the customers account if the customer has used all of their plan data but has, say $10 credit, that has become inactive, in the account?
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie
    I just sent an email to support re my expired credit. I don't know why FreedomPop publishes information on the Forum that doesn't appear on http://support.freedompop.com/...

Also that link is low on the page so I didn't see it as a realized my credit was lost...
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    edited April 2015 #6
    @lolaire McFadden Hello Lolaire, thank you for your feedback, I will definitely be relaying this :+1: I will have an agent take a look at your credit concern. Please check your email associated with your forum profile as an agent will be in contact with you. :)
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 135FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    How long after credit expires can a user still restore their expired credit before they lose it forever?

Also according to the FreedomPop Terms of Service www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm were updated yesterday to say that credit now expires after 30 days. Has this change taken effect?

In change is in the the "Automatic Top-Ups for Broadband Service" paragraph " If you do not use your Account Credit for a period of 30 days, FreedomPop will place your Account Credit on inactive status. You can reactivate the Account Credit by following the reactivation link at https://freedompop.com/billing_overview.htm ".

It still says 90 days in the billing overview section on my FreedomPop account page.
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie

Also according to the FreedomPop Terms of Service www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm were updated yesterday to say that credit now expires after 30 days. Has this change taken effect?

That sucks, most months I don't need my credit but when I do I'll first need to reactivate my credit. That makes it hard to pay FreedomPop for the occasional overage (last month I spent $6).
  • Jason OrrJason Orr Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    thewamp said:

What happens to the customers account if the customer has used all of their plan data but has, say $10 credit, that has become inactive, in the account?

I would also like to know this. If your credit become inactive so quickly, then you need it because you're over your allowance, are you charged again? This is a really strange policy.
  • Jason OrrJason Orr Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Jason Orr said:

thewamp said:

What happens to the customers account if the customer has used all of their plan data but has, say $10 credit, that has become inactive, in the account?

I would also like to know this. If your credit become inactive so quickly, then you need it because you're over your allowance, are you charged again? This is a really strange policy.
    Any chance we can get someone from freedompop to clarrify? @freedompop @ali @Jorge M. If this is the case, personally, I just won't be adding credit if it can only be used for one month without "reactivation" too much hassle.
  • WUYI  LIWUYI LI Posts: 45FreedomPop Newbie
    My credit needs reactivate too. This process is not convenient for the paid customers.
  • WickedXonSPHL710WickedXonSPHL710 Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Why does freedompop credit become inactive? How does this benefit the customer? It inconveniences the customer so there must be a good reason for credit to "become inactive", right, freedompop?
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 342FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Why does freedompop credit become inactive? How does this benefit the customer? It inconveniences the customer so there must be a good reason for credit to "become inactive", right, freedompop?

So that they can accrue the amounts from liabilities to income on their financial statements.

Otherwise the amounts would sit there as liabilities forever.
  • pikenpiken Posts: 124FreedomPop Newbie
    comintel said:

So that they can accrue the amounts from liabilities to income on their financial statements.

Otherwise the amounts would sit there as liabilities forever.
    WHAT? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

If a credit balance is inactive for 90 days they simply "TAKE THE MONEY" to
    get it off the books!

NO COMPANY does that! I wish I could JUST TAKE customers money
    for nothing in return.

There's any easier way to get it off their books if they really want to.....

REFUND back to customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Chitra PrabhuChitra Prabhu Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    This entire expiry thing is total pain in the .. you know what.

way to go freedompop.. way to go.

It still just drives me crazy when I think about this.

It's the craziest policy I think I've ever heard of.

It's these types of things that FP does that stops
    me from recommending them to people.

It's simple, refund back to customer, it's what every
    other company would do and can be fully automated
    easily on their end. There can be only one reason for
    this policy decision and there's no nice way to put
    it without it getting ***** out.

How can I get a refund on my Credit Balance?

It will never be used and I have to re-activate every 30 days.

I have data roll over now and will always have plenty of data.

I would like to get my credit balance refunded back to my
    card (or applied to reoccurring monthly charges).

So how do I do that?

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @piken I have sent you a PM regarding your credit refund request, please check your forum inbox for the message :)
  • Sophia NguyenSophia Nguyen Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M. Can you help me to refund my credit too? Please pm me. Thanks
  • SCSassySCSassy Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M. Can you please refund my credit as well?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016 #21
    piken said:

It still just drives me crazy when I think about this.

It's the craziest policy I think I've ever heard of.

It's these types of things that FP does that stops
    me from recommending them to people.

It's simple, refund back to customer, it's what every
    other company would do and can be fully automated
    easily on their end. There can be only one reason for
    this policy decision and there's no nice way to put
    it without it getting ***** out.

While I agree that credit on an account shouldn't expire. I would like you to go and see ringplus's top up policy. They don't refund top ups, period. Even when the account has been cancelled.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • fivishfivish Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Rather than have to re-activate if your spare phone is not used for 30 days, just get a 321 payg SIM from 3. Their credit never expires!
    Other companies have a 180 days/6 months cut-off. TPO is 3 months.
    It is outrageous that these companies can steal any remaining credit if you don't use the phone.

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    So is this still a thing?
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Chad_LeeChad_Lee Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    If credit is not used within its predefined time span, even if phone is used every day it will expire and you will be billed again for another top up. Reenableling an expired top up will just unhide it and add it back. Your account balance will grow and grow if you never use the top up because it will expire, forcing a new top up charge. Very tricky.
  • laked3laked3 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I have a $70 credit I would like refunded since it doesn't seem to do anything but expire over and over again. Thanks!
  • Still_ConfusedStill_Confused Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Reading here, it looks like I have been had by FB.

I neglected to set "no auto refill" and got zapped, but as I was recall it was for $25, when my overage was far less.

I have not needed that balance as my usual usage is far less than 500mb.
    I purchased a new Mingle, only to discover that my balance is zero; and there is a new $5 charge to NOT be hit with auto-refill.

When I incurred the Amex charge, there was no visible mention of the credit expiration. I seek a response on this.